MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my local MV dealer has gone bankrupt (MV was a small part of a much bigger dealership) which means it's going to be a long journey to the next closest one. At least 4 hours, and two short ferries if I don't take the long ferry all the way. The bike is still under warranty, so I have to make the journey if the local dealer doesn't reopen under new management.... Annoying as part of my thought process when I bought it was, well at least I have a dealer within 10 mins....

Plus I missed the 70% discount on all clothing..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel your pain. My local dealer shut down as well. I was waiting for a sprag clutch replacement under warranty and the owner didnt bother to tell me until 2 weeks after it happened. Closest dealer to me is 4 hours away as well. Hopefully they’ll handle the situation better than the previous dealer.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I feel your pain. My local dealer shut down as well. I was waiting for a sprag clutch replacement under warranty and the owner didnt bother to tell me until 2 weeks after it happened. Closest dealer to me is 4 hours away as well. Hopefully they’ll handle the situation better than the previous dealer.

Gidday from Australia

The dealer for the island state where I live retired, a ferry to the mainland for the nearest dealer.

I do not feel obliged to go to a dealer though, leaving aside any potenial warranty issues, if there is no dealer in a reasonable distance, and 4 hours is not reasonable.

I see a distinction between dealer & service agent. I am trying to work out how best to encourage one of the more reliable bike shop(s) in my small city to sign up with MV as a service agent. That requires time, as one can't just ring up & ask that sort of thing, a relationship of some kind would need to be established. I have also spoken with a staff member at the Aust importer about the no dealer/service agent situation. I have not had any warranty issues, but if I do I will contact the importer, and it is my expectation that they will okay the work being carried out by a local shop with parts provided by the importer, or one of the premier MV dealers which we have here, unfortunately, an long way from me.

70% discount on clothing?

HTX could you put in your loaction please. It can be general if you prefer, eg oop north england, or a state or region.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I may have found a local MV Technician, but I have not yet talked to him. I should have updated my location. It should say Houston, Texas

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Same happened to me, local outfit less than 20 miles away folded. Next best at around 70 miles folded shortly afterwards. Wound up travelling 100+ miles for service/warranty work which meant a full day once the work was done. Not a lot for some but a consideration.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire saw me changing to a Ducati with 70 miles to the nearest decent franchised dealer. However, last month it was announced that there's a new Ducati dealer opening in Worcester only 16 miles away which is a great result. Owned by the same company that I travelled 90 miles to buy my Multistrada from. Now that's what I call customer service :grin2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts