MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted a Lithium Battery to my 1090, noticeable different in the rate it spins the engine over... hope it lasts but they are supposed to...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
So what did you fit, what difference does it make in spinning the motor? Come on man, you got me on the edge of my seat here. Pictures?
PS. LiFo batteries do like to be warmed up under very cold conditions, to start the chemical reactions. What I have heard/seen is that you can try in once or twice first thing in the morning, give it a couple of seconds between goes to recover, and it should go fine by the third try.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
So what did you fit, what difference does it make in spinning the motor? Come on man, you got me on the edge of my seat here. Pictures?
PS. LiFo batteries do like to be warmed up under very cold conditions, to start the chemical reactions. What I have heard/seen is that you can try in once or twice first thing in the morning, give it a couple of seconds between goes to recover, and it should go fine by the third try.
Its quite hard comparing LiFo with lead acid, basically:

If you fit a Lifo of the same amp/hour as the lead acid it will be able to supply approx twice the cranking amps of the lead acid (prob 12 cell LiFo)

If you fit a LiFo that will give the same cranking amps as the lead acid it will only be rated at about 50% amp/hour rate of the lead acid,

Theres no real direct 'match' between the two

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts