MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow sickos (infected with the MV virus) I was thinking (wow!) Would you guys like to have a section where we try to account for as many members of a specific series as possible???

This is similair to the registry, except you don't have to own the bike to enter it; you just have to have seen it

We would have a list 1-300, and next to each number, if we know where it is we would write the location, and owner (if we know)

Whenever anyone would sight the specific MV, they could post it next to it's corresponding number

Lets say I saw a Tamburini (lets say #15), that wasn't registered. I could go to the list and next to the number 15 I would write Miami, Florida and the owners name (if you know).

What do you think? If you don't understand what I mean, please tell me, because I get a bit tongue-tied sometimes.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sounds Ok but if you passed (say a Tambo) in the opposite direction, I doubt if you would know which one (of 300) it was! :moped:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
We would have a list 1-300, and next to each number, if we know where it is we would write the location, and owner (if we know)

Lets say I saw a Tamburini (lets say #15), that wasn't registered. I could go to the list and next to the number 15 I would write Miami, Florida and the owners name (if you know).
Might I suggest that we keep it slightly more anonymous...Some of the members here have extensive collections of bikes and toys whose cumulative value is more easily measured in the hundreds-of-thousands of dollars.

Since this is a forum that can be viewed by any hack with an internet connection, I personally would prefer NOT to have my name and address posted, since it is simply a little bit too much information to put on a cyberspace billboard, IMO.

Just a suggestion, not trying to rain on the idea at all. :)

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Np, we could just say what state it is in, or if that doesn't suit you, then we won't do it. I wouldn't want to sacrifice anybodies safety, or that of their bikes/ cars/ tanks/ camels/ horses/ anything :)

(Are there any other bikes in your collection we should know about? :) )

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
Np, we could just say what state it is in, or if that doesn't suit you, then we won't do it. I wouldn't want to sacrifice anybodies safety, or that of their bikes/ cars/ tanks/ camels/ horses/ anything :)

(Are there any other bikes in your collection we should know about? :) )
I appreciate the consideration, as I'm sure others with far more invested than I will as well. I think City and State is vague enough, real names and addresses should be at the owners option I think...I do like the idea, and I'd certainly participate... :flash:

You can see "My Garage" in my Album, I have eight other bikes, with a 'sedici on order for next year...Nothing really of crazy value other than the Tamburini, just alot of my hard work, sweat, and dollars in those babies...

Regards,

Griff
twoeleven

1 - 9 of 9 Posts