MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at the ASMA races in New Mexico over the weekend and got to see Doug Chandler's son Jett race. He won 3 of his 4 races. This is his 4th race weekend, and he's expert now. He's going fast already, and looking a lot like the old man while doing it.

Also, Doug Chandler put in a low 1:10 lap time on a bone stock 2007 Honda CBR600RR. It only had Dunlop D209 GP tires on it. The lap record is somewhere in the 1:07 range, by Doug on his AMA Superbike machine from last year. Amazing. I've only ever been in the 1:12s out there on my stock engined '03 ZX-6RR. Apparently this new CBR600RR is the 600 to have. It seems to work good on the track out of the box for your average sized racer. Roadracing World seems to agree.

The Kawasaki may be the best bike when you put on the factory kit though (big $$$).

I talked to Doug about bikes and he thinks I should get a Truimph 675 to race (!!). Hmm... Apparently they may not be as unreliable as I previously thought.

·
Registered
398 Posts
acruhl said:
I was out at the ASMA races in New Mexico over the weekend and got to see Doug Chandler's son Jett race. He won 3 of his 4 races. This is his 4th race weekend, and he's expert now. He's going fast already, and looking a lot like the old man while doing it.

Also, Doug Chandler put in a low 1:10 lap time on a bone stock 2007 Honda CBR600RR. It only had Dunlop D209 GP tires on it. The lap record is somewhere in the 1:07 range, by Doug on his AMA Superbike machine from last year. Amazing. I've only ever been in the 1:12s out there on my stock engined '03 ZX-6RR. Apparently this new CBR600RR is the 600 to have. It seems to work good on the track out of the box for your average sized racer. Roadracing World seems to agree.

The Kawasaki may be the best bike when you put on the factory kit though (big $$$).

I talked to Doug about bikes and he thinks I should get a Truimph 675 to race (!!). Hmm... Apparently they may not be as unreliable as I previously thought.

Mine has been very reliable thus far with over 3000 miles and three track days to boot! I love my 675.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ARCHILLE said:
Andy, I know you have a personal preference for small and nimble racebike but having the 675 just put you back to the days of your ZX-6RR. You got to get that 750cc. :)
Speaking of small and nimble, I rode a Husky 450 supermoto over the weekend. Almost highsided :) I was looking straight down at the top triple thinking that I didn't particularly want to buy a crashed supermoto at that particular point in time :)

But it was fun.

I'm still on my quest to find a bike that isn't a 1000cc inline 4, but is still competitive in the unlimited GP class (not likely, I know). 600s can be, but you gotta ride the balls off them in order to do it. 750s are better. I'm still open to a 1000cc twin... Just not a desmoquattro Ducati for damn sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts