MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a GoPro wide angle video camera.
I'm yet to buy the rechargable batteries and 2 gig memory card. Once set up it will record just under an hour of footage.
Just thought I'd post some pictures and ask if anyone else has set up a camera on their bike and how were the results?
I'm planning to attend a track day in late March and I'll bring the camera along then but I'll test it on the road this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
castle... Have a number of vid set-ups here... on-bike, on-helmet, etc. The GoPro is one of the better onboard options. I suction it on the side of the fairing as you've done, also safety tethering it up to the triples in case hitting a serious bump and watching the cam go tumbling down the tarmac. Ask me why I do this. :eek:

Anyway, the colors are vivid, the stabilization algorithms are outstanding, and by sitting in the plastic housing, wind noise interference is minimized. Don't have GoPro vids from the MV, but did suction it on the side for a lap on the BMW around the track, and on the VFR for a descent down a nearby mountain pass...

Track Lap

Pass Descent

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Your bike is looking good David....take those red reflector stickers off that rear cowl.!!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Dave, when do you find time for work?

Let's see.......happily married husband.........mad genius motorcycle mechanic.......gifted theatre actor..........multifaceted traveler.......import expert.......and now budding cinematographer........:blah: :)

·
Registered
548 Posts

Let's see.......happily married husband.........mad genius motorcycle mechanic.......gifted theatre actor..........multifaceted traveler.......import expert.......and now budding cinematographer........:blah: :)
ALso, not a bad peddler around a race track...

The important question no one is asking, how much does it weigh? Since its bolted on the worlds lightest road registered F4

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Randy, with compliments like that you're making it very difficult to even contemplate cutting you up on this web site. That has earned you one very big get out of jail card with me. I thank you.
:brutale:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ALso, not a bad peddler around a race track...

The important question no one is asking, how much does it weigh? Since its bolted on the worlds lightest road registered F4
They weigh next to nothing Dave. I'm sure Randy would say something like "Go have a big crap before you ride to offset the added weight". :shitfan:And he'd be right too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
They weigh next to nothing Dave. I'm sure Randy would say something like "Go have a big crap before you ride to offset the added weight". :shitfan:And he'd be right too.
I was taking the p!ss...

Post some footage, I have tried a digital Camera on mine (Mino Flip HD) and found that optical image stabilisation would really be needed to stop me from feeling sick watching it.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
let me know how it works out for you!
I recently bought a MotoComm RiderCam30F and I can't figure out how to get it charged! The USB connector doesn't seem to do it.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
castle... Have a number of vid set-ups here... on-bike, on-helmet, etc. The GoPro is one of the better onboard options. I suction it on the side of the fairing as you've done, also safety tethering it up to the triples in case hitting a serious bump and watching the cam go tumbling down the tarmac. Ask me why I do this. :eek:

Anyway, the colors are vivid, the stabilization algorithms are outstanding, and by sitting in the plastic housing, wind noise interference is minimized. Don't have GoPro vids from the MV, but did suction it on the side for a lap on the BMW around the track, and on the VFR for a descent down a nearby mountain pass...

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
You know me too well my friend.....:)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I just picked up the GoPro HD. Looking forward to some decent ridingt weather, but that seems like a long, long way off at this point.

With the HD, I was looking at a 32g SD card. Are you really only looking at getting a 2g???

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just picked up the GoPro HD. Looking forward to some decent ridingt weather, but that seems like a long, long way off at this point.

With the HD, I was looking at a 32g SD card. Are you really only looking at getting a 2g???
For the version I purchased the manual says 2 gig max. It's not the HD version, which I didn't know was available, I would appreciate your feedback on the image quality from the HD version.
I have taken some footage, about 30 minutes from two rides. It's a pretty good result.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
ive been driving around in my car with the md 80 attached to the window. so far its great in terms of what i need it for.

Ill be able to take plenty of video on the 16g micro sd card.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I thought the MD80 only has a 8GB max capacity?

Where is a good place to mount the camera on the helmet? Inside the visor or outside?

I am thinking of taping it on the left outside of the helmet, near where the ear is located.

I am also thinking of taping the camera on the back ala motoGP style but may need some sort of extension .

Can anyone give me some ideas.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts