MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, who bought it? I am not a smart man but $9100 for a busted up bike with no warranty seems a little steep to me.

BTW, I am new here. I desperately want a Brutale. Test drove a 910S last week and am finding it very difficult not to go back down there and buy it. (I am pretty sure I know what many of you will say.) I will flirt with the idea a bit longer before I make my decision.

SoCrates

·
Registered
431 Posts
FWIW, I bought a much more lightly tossed Brutale for about the same price ($9k) and then retitled it (salvaged). The damage was similar, but much less severe. Surface scratches on the frame didn't even get past the white primer (for the most part), I had to replace the front half of the headlight and the throttle cables and part of the mount, plus a few other minor bits.

All told I got her back on the road for about $500. Sure, it's got a salvage title but unless someone tells MV Agusta the bike's been totaled then there's no reason a shop couldn't bill for warranty work, and I didn't buy it for resale--I bought it to ride it like I stole it. I think I got a pretty good deal for a bike w/ 206 miles on it (even if I didn't get the stand and then the former owner wanted me to buy it from him - after insurance paid off the loss :flat: ) I couldn't have afforded otherwise.

$9100 for the condition the ebay bike was in is probably a little high, but those of us who want these things aren't that concerned w/ getting a great deal, are we?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
There is a dealer in the UK attempting to sell a damaged '05 Brutale 750 for £5k which is about $9500. I think they will struggle as clean title ones can be had for pretty much the same money here. :blah:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts