MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...Jim here...looking for a light weight jacket to wear in Florida...armor & nice style without drawing attention...also do not want to advertise unless it is "MV"

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
796 Posts
i think you are looking for good ventilation... the teknic violator leather jacket might be a good choice..it has full perforation in the front plus some trick shoulder ventilation sistem ..knox armour all around and a back hump.make sure you try before you buy..i tried one and it s definetly a race fit,precurved arms etc

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Hi...Jim here...looking for a light weight jacket to wear in Florida...armor & nice style without drawing attention...also do not want to advertise unless it is "MV"

Any suggestions?
I've got two jackets from Vanson. One is their heavy leather fully perferated jacket, and the second is their 'shirt'. The 'shirt' is an armoured mesh knit jacket that I wear when it is very hot or humid, i.e. Florida 10 months out of the year. I think it is vansonleathers.com, but if wrong, google will correct.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Teknic Supervent Pro, has CE armor, including back. I consider this to be a light duty jacket, wouldn't wear it if I was going to really hammer things up. The other is the new Dainese Horizon D-Stone jacket. Entire jacket is D-stone, flows apparently very well (still waiting on mine) and has armor. VERY posh shall we say...low key and tasteful.

If I must wear leather, it's an Alpinestars SMX-Airflow (2007) jacket.

I'm in SW Florida and ride quite a bit during the summer so I know the in/out of hot weather gear!

·
Registered
140 Posts

Any suggestions?
Go to newenough.com
GREAT prices on the gear and some of the stuff is fairly label-less. PowerTrip doesn't have huge labels on their stuff.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Try looking into Rev It gear. I have the Airforce Textile Jacket and the fit and quality is amazing. Has all the right armor in the right places, but feels amazing and light when riding.
Check out their catalog online, some nice bikes on their ads as well.

http://www.revitusa.com/

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the black summer MV jacket that is on their website. I like it more every time I ride with it. I rode to the Superbike races at Sears Point last weekend. It was over 100F and I liked riding in it. I rode over 200 miles at 90 to 100 mph most of the way. If I'm wearing a T-shirt in those situations, I feel wind whipped. But with the MV jacket gave me a feeling of some security and not beat at the end of the day. Days like that, I don't want to wear leathers because I don't want to walk around the track wearing them. Plus they are so hot it's not fun riding. The MV jacket has lots of pockets for a phone, sun glasses, ect. It even has a slot in the back for a back protector. It is the best hot weather jacket I've ever found, just like the bike.
Tuna

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dainese Jet Pac- perforated leather / textile

It gives you leather that breathes where leather is needed and affords some textile allowing better fit and air flow. It also happens to enjoy some nice Italian lines.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I have the black summer MV jacket that is on their website. I like it more every time I ride with it. I rode to the Superbike races at Sears Point last weekend. It was over 100F and I liked riding in it. I rode over 200 miles at 90 to 100 mph most of the way. If I'm wearing a T-shirt in those situations, I feel wind whipped. But with the MV jacket gave me a feeling of some security and not beat at the end of the day. Days like that, I don't want to wear leathers because I don't want to walk around the track wearing them. Plus they are so hot it's not fun riding. The MV jacket has lots of pockets for a phone, sun glasses, ect. It even has a slot in the back for a back protector. It is the best hot weather jacket I've ever found, just like the bike.
Tuna
+1, I have this Jacket too and can only underline Your thoughts. It is in deed a delight to ride in it if temps are over 90. And you still feel protected. However my MV Mesh Jacket came with a CE Back Protector.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts