MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told my bike smokes when I'm in my high rpms and/or when I hit redline. To give an idea of the amount....about the amount a turbo'd car gives when they downshift and gun it. But the funny thing is, the bike doesn't smoke otherwise. And the dyno pulls I had a couple weeks back indicated a good A/F ratio, and my HP/TQ numbers are right about where they should be.

I noticed it when my bike was getting dyno'd, but thought nothing of it. And the guys dyno'ing my bike didn't think anything of it either. SO I thought it was just "normal".

Just kinda worries me...cause when I did the oil change, there were a bit of metal shavings on the drain plug. Kinda worried me considering the bike is at 3K miles and still has shavings....then again, it could be because I've never had a magenetic drain plug, and it's completely normal????

So I'm curious on blow-by. The oil itself, I don't think I'm really burning oil, cause when drained on my last oil change, it dropped out 3 quarts.....but blow-by, wouldn't my HP/TQ numbers be suffering?

Just kinda erks me cause my friends pointed it out on different occasions...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I wouldn't worry.

Blue smoke is oil, black smoke is a rich mixture, white steam is coolant being burned.

If it is blue on overun only, it is just a little blowby and nothing to get alarmed over. If it does it all the time, maybe.

All you have is a hi-performance engine exhaling a large amount of propely burned fuel. :naughty:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts