MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....

I want to replace the plate bracket on my 2007 F4 and was wondering what all exists out there. For those of you that have done it, or are considering it, what did you do and where did you get it?

Thanks......

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I went with the Melotti license plate bracket.... Vesuvio sells them. Way better construction and design than anything else I've come across. I ordered mine with the light kit to illuminate the plate. They come in different colors -- I ordered black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I want to replace the plate bracket on my 2007 F4 and was wondering what all exists out there. For those of you that have done it, or are considering it, what did you do and where did you get it?
The Melotti unit is excllent (I fitted one to my wife's bike).

On my bike the previous owner cut the existing number plate mounting bracket in half, removed the numberplate light and then remounted the remaining bracket piece tight up under the exhausts (nice and neat). The plastic bracket was also trimmed to the base of the number plate.

It is very cheap too, I've since added some small lights to the number plate to make everything nice and legal again.

Andrew...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used the Melotti tail tidy same as above (except in black)...excellent finish and neat little led number plate light. comes with brackets for indicators although i didn't need them as i have the clear alternatives integrated rear tail lights...both were well worth every dollar!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I went with the Melotti license plate bracket.... Vesuvio sells them. Way better construction and design than anything else I've come across. I ordered mine with the light kit to illuminate the plate. They come in different colors -- I ordered black.

It's beautiful! Look in my album.

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Melotti is also available from Motovations (Forum sponsor) here in the USA.....I can recommend them, and that piece (even though I don't have an F4). Having held one in my hands I can say it is a nice and well made part.

·
Registered
289 Posts
made mine myself

Hello Andrew
All carbon (except my wheels) is made by me so I diceded to give it
a shot at a licence plate holder in carbon aswell
If you like it I could meke one for you (or anybody else) aswell
just need the dimensions off the licence plate so the plate holder is carbon aswell
cheers
Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the Melotti bracket. A little pricey (but what isn't on these bikes) but very nice.

This is what I have currently. I like it but.....

Hello Andrew
All carbon (except my wheels) is made by me so I diceded to give it
a shot at a licence plate holder in carbon aswell
If you like it I could meke one for you (or anybody else) aswell
just need the dimensions off the licence plate so the plate holder is carbon aswell
cheers
Peter
Peter, I really like the simplicity of your bracket (PM sent)..... There's no provision for a light but that might be something I can work around.

Michael

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think that those brackets , no matter how nice they are they just make F4 tail looks shitty. So I don't use any brackets on any of my F4. I know this is not possible everywhere but here in States ( in Fla. anyways) we are trying to hide our plates underneath the exhaust . This is very comon even with Japs bikes. So what I do is to try to blend my plate with exhaust so it dont change the flow ( or interfere with design or what ever you want to call it) Sorry , but nothing is more uglier then big license plate on the tail of the F4 !!! Kinda feel sorry for you guys in UK .( big huge license plates)

·
Registered
655 Posts
I agree....I"m in the States as well, and I do exact same thing...I just mount the plate behind my exhaust...haven't been pulled over yet...(keeping fingers crossed). :angel:

I think that those brackets , no matter how nice they are they just make F4 tail looks shitty. So I don't use any brackets on any of my F4. I know this is not possible everywhere but here in States ( in Fla. anyways) we are trying to hide our plates underneath the exhaust . This is very comon even with Japs bikes. So what I do is to try to blend my plate with exhaust so it dont change the flow ( or interfere with design or what ever you want to call it) Sorry , but nothing is more uglier then big license plate on the tail of the F4 !!! Kinda feel sorry for you guys in UK .( big huge license plates)

·
Registered
449 Posts
I went with the same setup, plus the Clear Alternatives to eliminate the turn signals. Cleaned up the tail end really well, IMO...

Before...

ddd.JPG

And after...

ccc.JPG

Al

:f4:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts