MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My license plate bracket is huge, obviously designed for a European plate. Has anyone altered the stock bracket to fit an American plate? It'd be about a quarter of the present size, I'm considering using my dremel to cut off the undesired portion. Anyone have a better method? Is there a bracket sized for an American plate available without using one of the eliminator kits?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Lots of companies make fender eliminators. Check in the gallery and you will find dozens of them on members bikes.

Determine first if you are going to use the stock rear blinkers or go with integrated blinkers in the tail lights or in the rear vents.

There is a company that makes a very nice kit for integrating the blinkers into the tail lights. Looks great when combined with the carbon fiber rear fairing.

CAG

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Just remove the big euro-spec bracket and mount the plate directly to the fender.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I originally cut the bracket and drilled new holes. I later replaced it with a homemade fender eliminator w/ led light.

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Barry,
Fazer's suggestion is the easiest, but if you do not want to drill more holes in your fender (I didn't because I bought one from MV Special Parts in CF) cutting the original bracket and touching it up a little black paint is easy enough to do.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Barry,
Fazer's suggestion is the easiest, but if you do not want to drill more holes in your fender (I didn't because I bought one from MV Special Parts in CF) cutting the original bracket and touching it up a little black paint is easy enough to do.
FWIW I didn't want to drill so fender either, so I drilled the plate and mounted it using the original hardware and location of the 'bracket'

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Barry,
That's just what I did, I removed the bracket, sized it for cutting using one of my other license plates, and used my Dremel to make the cut (I actually cut it completely straight, amazing) & then smooth the edge. I gave it a quick coat of black paint & looks like new, it's now exactly the same size as the plate.

Thanks for the suggestions,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts