MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get rid of the monstrosity of a rear fender, but can't find a solution. There was one guy on the greenspun forums who had taken his off, and just bent his plate and stuck it in the odd shaped hole. Looked OK, sans the bent plate and the fact behind the plate, there was the hole. :laughing: I liked the clean look of nothing there though.

I like the look of the rear blinkers...well, compared to jap bikes as they're not huge and ugly looking. So I may keep the rear blinkers, but I definitly want to get rid of the fender, and if it looks clean enough, I may just do the Pirates liar conversion, or the conversion on eBay where it uses the existing taillights, as I'm not 100% a fan of the LEDs in the holes. On an F4 considering there's the 4 exhaust tips, it matches it better, on the Brutale it may look a bit busy....

I just wanna see what everybody else has, and some pics!!!! :smoking:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
oicdn, this is just about the only bit I have left stock (well the hanger is now carbon), but I don't mind the rear, and Im with you on the indicators being quite ok....each to their own, but I like the stock MV rear :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I know this is a Brutale thread, but I thought you might like to see these anyway. I got the carbon licence plate holder from my dealer. He'd been offered it by a guy who was selling his carbon parts and I got it for £50. The problem here is that licence plates have to be quite large by law. The police come down hard on you if you are caught with an undersized plate. I think it's to give the speed cameras an easier time!! :bawling: I would like to go the route of having LED indicators in the tail vents at some stage, but I think that's technically illegal here too. :blush:

Attachments

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
john said:
I know this is a Brutale thread, but I thought you might like to see these anyway. I got the carbon licence plate holder from my dealer. He'd been offered it by a guy who was selling his carbon parts and I got it for £50. The problem here is that licence plates have to be quite large by law. The police come down hard on you if you are caught with an undersized plate. I think it's to give the speed cameras an easier time!! :bawling: I would like to go the route of having LED indicators in the tail vents at some stage, but I think that's technically illegal here too. :blush:
sexy pictures of your undertail :naughty:

Sorry, the heading of this thread just demands so much special attention!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the carbon ones are OK, but I think it's only because it's made of carbon :stickpoke
If it were plastic, I don't think many would buy it....

I was looking at the one Pro Italia sells, but it too looks like it leaves a hole/doesn't fill in the stock space completely....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
That looks great...we in Australia would be pulled over so quickly it not true!
We can get away with small plates, but not plates fixed so far into the tail, but yours looks really good!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:
That looks great...we in Australia would be pulled over so quickly it not true!
We can get away with small plates, but not plates fixed so far into the tail, but yours looks really good!!

Same here Graham. If I had a plate that size and in that position, PC Plod would think it was his birthday if he saw me riding around. £60 fine and 3 points on the licence (Ker-ching!!!) :shocker:

·
Registered
181 Posts
:laughing: Its funny you say that, because I got pulled over a few months ago for it. I was riding at my "usual pace" and when I stopped at the light, I was practically sorrounded by undercover cops. They thought I stole the bike and was riding with no plate. Strangely enough, after they noticed the plate was there, they actually apologized :wtf: ?? to me, complimented me on the bike, asked a few questions about it, and told me have a nice night.
I think I'm going to move it a little higher though, that was just a test location and I don't want to push my luck too much with the law. :blah:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got any closer pics of how you put it there? Did you just drill holes and use L brackets like many people do?

I'm thinking of putting it there too, as it doesn't look so bad now that I see what it looks like.....hmmm.....

·
Registered
181 Posts
The fender eliminator that my dealer sold me was the wrong one. Instead of returning it, I made this. It can be mounted alot closer to the rear of the bike, if you wanted it to. All I did was cut off the two ends of the bracket that would normally hold the turn signals.(See the silver showing above the license plate screw) I took the original fender part from the bike and cut off the fender and that triangle thing is what's left after I sanded the plastic smooth. Ideally, those holes should've been filled and color matched to the plastic undertray. I've been busy (ie lazy) though. :zzz:

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
I fitted a Rizoma tail tidy with LED license plate light. As I don't really like the turn signals sticking out the side, I've fitted LED flush mount turn signals inside the vents on the tail unit. Looks good and works really well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts