MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
scary.......and can't say stupid, should say unlucky; i think we all did at least once the same error.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Are they OK? I can see one is a Brutale, can't tell what the other one is...anybody from thie forum? Best wishes to both riders.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
It appears that there is a dotted line in the center of the road rather than a solid white one indicating that there was enough visibility in the area to pass.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It appears that there is a dotted line in the center of the road rather than a solid white one indicating that there was enough visibility in the area to pass.
Carl, it actually looks like this happened in Germany...things are rather different over there in this regard. Having a dotted line instead of a solid one does not necessarily mean anything in terms of visibility. Opposed to over here, many curves are still having a dotted line but you would never actually anticipate to overtake someone. Additionally, Germany has way more signs as a regulation instead of using the street itself (such as lines, MPH limits marked on the street etc.) - so there may have been a sign actually forbidding overtaking for the entire stretch. I am certainly not saying that this is the truth in this case....but I fear that if he could have seen far enough into the corner he should have seen the other motorcycle...

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Wow. That is tragic. It looks they were both wearing helmets as well. It must have been violent.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Sad.

And just beacuse we've all done it doesn't make the manuever not stupid.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sad.

And just beacuse we've all done it doesn't make the manuever not stupid.
This means we are all stupid or all lucky?

In Germany they've got maybe one of the best streets of Europe; for example the guard rail supports (as u can see in the pics) have protections just for bikers. In Italy they don't and as you can imagine it's another danger in cas of accident.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
This means we are all stupid or all lucky?

In Germany they've got maybe one of the best streets of Europe; for example the guard rail supports (as u can see in the pics) have protections just for bikers. In Italy they don't and as you can imagine it's another danger in cas of accident.
I hate to have a trivial discussion in a thread about a fatal collision, but; We've all been riding and done something where immediately after we think to ourselves, "boy, that was stupid, or I could have died there if..."
We choose to keep riding, and hopefully we learn from these moments, so that there never has to be a thread like this about us, however, that never excuses or justifies lax or illegal behavior while riding. And maybe, just maybe, reading about tragic events like the one in this thread will help us be just a little more sane while riding these absurd machines.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts