MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Been browsing this forum for a while now and I thought that it was time for me to introduce myself.

My name is Paolo and I live in Milano, 62 km (38.5 miles for those on the other side of the world, or simply divided by a small strip of water) away from the MV factory, where all dreams come true.

I wish this short distance would give me a small advantage on reciving my bike earlier than anybody else, but that doesn't seem to be the case :banghead:

Few months ago I put my money down for a nice black F3, only to see the first (and only) group of that color sent to France...

my dealer, who is supposed to be the first to get them in the whole north Italy ( has 14 in order atm) gets them 1 by 1... still waiting for 7 reds, 5 whites and 2 blacks (first one is mine)

Noone, not even at the factory, has a real answer. every week it's "next week", although they keep on saying that by the end of April they should fullfill the orders.

I know that when the first 300 came out 200 went abroad, as the dealers had already paid in advance the bikes.

now at the factory they are working full time and I've been told that they even called back some people that had retired in order to keep up with the requests. But still they can manage to make 3 every 10 they get the order for.

But I'm still standing and I hope I will soon delight you with some pictures of my new bike!

Paolo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my history comes as follow:

vespa primavera 125 1977 (still in my garage)
Honda Nighthawk 450
2003 Honda hornet
2005 honda cbr600rr which it's what I drive now, waiting for the new F3 to reach me

pretty straightforward, isn't it? :naughty:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Ciao Paolo, benvenuto al forum. :)

Are you a native Italian? I only ask because your English is fantastic, in fact far better than some of the native English speaking people here :laughing:

My wife's uncle lives in Varese & we have been there a few times that last being in November 2010. If this go well I may be in Verona in a few weeks time but shhhh that is a secret for now ;)

Again Welcome, I hope you get your F3 soon - I am also waiting as soon as they find Australia I am sure they will send it - I know that Giovanni Castiglioni KNOWS where Australia is because I told him personally :laughing:

I am a patient man :)

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
"I used to be a schizophrenic, but we are cured now"

I like that signature......Welcome to the family. Hope you can receive your new MV soon!!!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
my history comes as follow:

vespa primavera 125 1977 (still in my garage)
Honda Nighthawk 450
2003 Honda hornet
2005 honda cbr600rr which it's what I drive now, waiting for the new F3 to reach me

pretty straightforward, isn't it? :naughty:
Yes, and kind of boring even :stickpoke
I'm sure the F3 will spice your life :f4:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Yeah, you're right Rob.
I still wish i hadn't sold my 150 Sprint a few years ago to fund my racing :banghead:

I know, what is it about those things???????? My 1963 160GS MkIII remains one the jewels in the crown of my slowly expanding motorcycle (motorcycle of course means MV - lol) collection. It's nuts I know, I know......

150 sprint, cool little scooter with the rectangle headlight, my wife in HER collection (Is 3 bikes a collection? - lol) has the modern version of that - the 125s & lshe loves that thing - selling it is NOT an option, I have to say I like that about my treacherous Guzzi riding wench. ;)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the club :yo:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ciao Paolo, benvenuto al forum. :)

Are you a native Italian? I only ask because your English is fantastic, in fact far better than some of the native English speaking people here :laughing:

My wife's uncle lives in Varese & we have been there a few times that last being in November 2010. If this go well I may be in Verona in a few weeks time but shhhh that is a secret for now ;)

Again Welcome, I hope you get your F3 soon - I am also waiting as soon as they find Australia I am sure they will send it - I know that Giovanni Castiglioni KNOWS where Australia is because I told him personally :laughing:

I am a patient man :)
Born and raised in Milano.
but I did my university in england, married an american girl (although that came to an end pretty quick) and I've been on tour with american musical theatre most of my life.

Since 2003 I got tired of the life on the road and accepted a job as tech director in a theatre in my own town (we've been running the aussie show "Priscilla the queen of the desert" for a while now)

Now from time to time I miss touring, but is easily replaced by the pleasure of sleeping in my own bed every night (with a bike waiting for me in the garage that I can use every day):f4:

And this delay in getting the F3 is keeping 2 people away from their new bike: me and the guy who is actually buying my old one :bash:

If you happen to go back to Verona remember to visit the Garda lake, few km away from it. it's really beautiful, although not as much as Como's

A couple of things changed from my last visit to my dealer:
a) my bike will have at 99% the quickshift already on
b) they are supposed to complete the orders by the end of april... I will believe that when I'll have my ass on my bike :smoking:

Looking forward to my stay here, and thank you all for the welcoming feeling

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Well that explains a great deal - thanks for sharing your background Paolo. :)

I won't have much time to do anything in Verona, if I get there it will be a day trip from Firenze, do what I have to do & out.

Happily I have been to both lakes previously indeed beautiful. My wife's father's family is from Veneto (Schio) so we've seen much of the north using Schio as a base. With her further family in Varese, Toscana, Campania/Basillicata & mine in Lazio (I was borne here in Australia), 5 trips to Italy, we've been fortunate enough to cover a great deal of it although I have yet to visit the Cinque Terre.

I would LOVE to grab the F3 & run it through the mountains around Schio in the summer the run up the Pasubio via Valli Del Pasubio would be insane and would be just the start! I am jealous of people able to do that just thinking about it!

I can't wait to get you impresions when you have your bike, although seems I may be getting around the same time as you from conversations I had over the weekend.

Ceers
Rob

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome and thank you for sharing the information you have, I have noticed there has been a few people saying they believe their bike will turn up with the quick shifter fitted, how cool would that be!

At dealer here said the same thing to me weeks ago, I bet it won't be free though, good if they do as I was quite interested in this option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts