MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the handlebar position. My bike on full lock touches the plastic airduct when I turn left and pinches my fingers. This does not happen on the right hand side? Any ideas?

·
Vendor
5,154 Posts
The Clip-ons (handlebars) are pinned and locked into one position.So if your left bar touches the cover it is either bent or the lock pin is not there.You will have to take the bar off and have a look.Good luck.

·
Administrator
18,841 Posts
The steering stop, bolted onto the steering stem, is probably bent or broken on one side....an indication the bike fell over at some point.
Available replacement part. The Brutale and F4 are different, F4 allowing less steering movement.

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
The Clip-ons (handlebars) are pinned and locked into one position.So if your left bar touches the cover it is either bent or the lock pin is not there.You will have to take the bar off and have a look.Good luck.
Sorry,forgot to mention steering stop.:stickpoke
The steering stop, bolted onto the steering stem, is probably bent or broken on one side....an indication the bike fell over at some point.
Available replacement part. The Brutale and F4 are different, F4 allowing less steering movement.
there you go...

my F4 doesn't have stock bars.....

:popcorn:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have sourced a bar and will change over when arrives. If it doesn't rectify the problem I will be stumped as to what else it might be?

·
Vendor
5,154 Posts
Did you check the steering stop as Ed suggested? If it's not bent the bar should fix your problem.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The steering stop appears to be straight. I will rule out the bar and see from there. Thanks Mick

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Location screw? Not sure what this is any pictures?
Not so much a screw rather than a pin, have a look between the handlebars and the top yoke.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts