MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of RS Taichi leathers last night. And I am pretty sure I should be a size 54 but they only had 52s to try on. He said I fit perfect in them. They were tight in the crotch(Not quite a wedgie) but close. The stretch panels were not stretched just tight in the upper torsa length? I sat on the bike and they felt fine little tight around my Inner Tube. But I had complete movement and was Comfy. The guy said the leathers would stretch in a couple of track days.

Now you guys that race and do lots of track time Are your leathers...Form Fitting while your standing? Or they tad loose around your entire body?

I have a 2 piece set and they are loose in the pants but was a perfect Jacket never have had a 1 piece so not sure how they should fit. I was at Sportbiketrackgear.com they didnt have a 54 to try but they are primarily a internet company so it wasnt like they were trying to move stock out of the store.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
They are tight. Power ranger tight. Not loose at all. In addition to putting a layer of material that resists abrasion in the event of a fall, the purpose of tight leathers is that they act like an ace bandage. Tight leathers will hold your bones together while your arms and legs are flailing around.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
1 piece suit should be snug fit - like a second skin. The 1 piece should be very comfortable when on the bike and you should have full movement - but not really design to walk around in. I use a 48 or 50 Euro suit and I also slip in a hard back protector.

You should also wear under armour or skins, so you can easily get in and out of hot sticky leathers.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
i have a couple 1-piece. the one that fits better is snug (in the crotch, oh well), isn't comfy standing up (more of a minor hunch). That's better than my other one which is super comfy (too big).

Both can fit a chest and back protector. you should try to fit both in yours.....

not sure how prevalent chest protectors are out in the US. I think they'll be required at the major tracks in japan from next year.....

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for that input sounds like I have the right size then! I know there is rooom for the Knox back protector and I do have full movement on the bike.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Cool thanks for that input sounds like I have the right size then! I know there is rooom for the Knox back protector and I do have full movement on the bike.

don't mean to hijack (ok, i do), which knox do you have? contour?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also picked up a set of Held Phantom gloves! Red/White/Green They have red/blue/white also they are running those colors $80 off reg price so you know!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
So I bought a set of RS Taichi leathers last night. And I am pretty sure I should be a size 54 but they only had 52s to try on. He said I fit perfect in them. They were tight in the crotch(Not quite a wedgie) but close. The stretch panels were not stretched just tight in the upper torsa length? I sat on the bike and they felt fine little tight around my Inner Tube. But I had complete movement and was Comfy. The guy said the leathers would stretch in a couple of track days.

Now you guys that race and do lots of track time Are your leathers...Form Fitting while your standing? Or they tad loose around your entire body?

I have a 2 piece set and they are loose in the pants but was a perfect Jacket never have had a 1 piece so not sure how they should fit. I was at Sportbiketrackgear.com they didnt have a 54 to try but they are primarily a internet company so it wasnt like they were trying to move stock out of the store.

:wtf:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts