MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I compared them both and they are both pretty close in comparison. I have heard nothing but great things about both suits. We will see. The Taichi are on a closeout so I may be out as far as the sizing goes.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone in Japan or Europe have a hook up on Taichi? I am wanting the Vegas Red,white, blue in a Euro 56 Having a hard time finding them here and in the size I want. Found one in a 58 not sure how much bigger that will be?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Does anyone in Japan or Europe have a hook up on Taichi? I am wanting the Vegas Red,white, blue in a Euro 56 Having a hard time finding them here and in the size I want. Found one in a 58 not sure how much bigger that will be?

i have no taichi connections that I'm aware of.... Never seen that suit here. They don't have names here, more letters, e.g. GP-WRX R300.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gothca well I know where one is in the states unfortunately wouldnt be able to try it on. But it is a 58 by the size chart I should be in a 56 I spoke with another dealer said he was about the same size as me and he is in a 54. I were a 54 in SPIDI (M). Sizing is such a pain the ass.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Love the Gran Premio suit... does anyone know firstly the size diffs bettween Dainese and Alpinestars? I'm a size U.S 44 in Alpinestars Jacket....how does that convert to Dainese 1 piece suits? Because i'll prob have to buy onlne. Also.. who would have them and ship to Australia?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the easiest is to go and get measured I wear a 54 Spidi jacket and the sizes put me in a 56 suit. Might have to give your weight, height and see if someone here wears that brand and maybe could put you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Love the Gran Premio suit... does anyone know firstly the size diffs bettween Dainese and Alpinestars? I'm a size U.S 44 in Alpinestars Jacket....how does that convert to Dainese 1 piece suits? Because i'll prob have to buy onlne. Also.. who would have them and ship to Australia?
I believe the Dainese suit are numbered in Euro size, so if you are using a 44US = 54Euro.

Go to MCA or Action Suzuki and try out the 1peice suit there.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I believe the Dainese suit are numbered in Euro size, so if you are using a 44US = 54Euro.

Go to MCA or Action Suzuki and try out the 1peice suit there.
Are you sure that equation is correct? I am a 30/32 and I wear a 46 in Dainese pants - so the defeerantial is 14-16.

Certainly agree with checking MCA for try on sizing - that's what I did when I was looking at MV Corse pants & bought the Dainese SFX I tried on - lol

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Are you sure that equation is correct? I am a 30/32 and I wear a 46 in Dainese pants - so the defeerantial is 14-16.

Certainly agree with checking MCA for try on sizing - that's what I did when I was looking at MV Corse pants & bought the Dainese SFX I tried on - lol
I could be wrong but here is a link for coat sizes.

http://www.asknumbers.com/ClothingMensConversion.aspx

I also noted that Italian suit tends to be a tighter fit where else the US designed 1 peice suits tends to be a looser fit of the same size.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I could be wrong but here is a link for coat sizes.

http://www.asknumbers.com/ClothingMensConversion.aspx

I also noted that Italian suit tends to be a tighter fit where else the US designed 1 peice suits tends to be a looser fit of the same size.
Yes, it confuses the crap out of me. I know my MV (factory) jacket is an L & I don't wear a large in anything - so that lends weight to the Italian 'tighter fit'.

I think you just have to try it on. Surely they could include international sizing on garments- is that really that hard?

If you trawl ebay you will be amazed at how many items you find for sale because the stuffed up the sizing when they ordered it.

Btw give my regards to the Tambo :mouthwate :yo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts