MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After we had the helmet threat, which was interesting and nice photos!! I'm curious what kind of leathers you guys have and what would you get if you could choose a new one now? I'm thinking of getting a new suit, but don't know yet if I should get a one piece or divided suit....I like this one from Dainese which seems pretty nice: http://www.dainese.com/eng/articolo.asp?cat=&nome=FLANKER_Div.&articolo=1513198/2513198
I think a devided one is nice if you don't do to much track time, because you can get the jacket off when making a break and when it is hot.
What are your preferences and why, please? Maybe with some photos would be nice.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Biker Dancing....

odonata said:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: is he afraid of falling while dancing?
No, but it's my understanding that it's what they do in the cold country in the winter when they can't ride. It's a great way to keep the leathers supple, I suppose!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am glad this thread got started. I am also looking for leathers. Any opinions on GIMOTO or MTECH? I am thinking of one of these one-piece suits in kangaroo. Also considering the Alpinestars MX1.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Photos

Hey guys, I was hoping to trigger some photos you wearing your leathers! :stickpoke
Would be nice to see what you are wearing when going for a ride or on the track. The helmet threat was quite nice to see all the photos and it is a good opportunity to get some inspiration what kind of leathers you all have or would like to have..... :drummer: It was cool to see Odanata in his two piece suit which fits perfect his Senna on the video Admin did at the gathering of Pro Italia Cafe or cryptyk in his Kangaroo suit.....so,get your cameras out and let us see you heavy trackday abused leather suits :stickpoke

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
This is me. 2 piece Dainese perforated leathers.

I am in the market for a 1 piece. probably kushitani or dainese. Kushitani has a customization thing which is pretty cool, you can pick out each color of leather. Check their website....interactive thing to show you what you can make.

no track days yet for me.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I have a Dainese Eagle and my wife a Dainese Yoyo. Would never want something else...

·
Registered
74 Posts
This may not help for the guys...

I have Frank Thomas two-piece leathers (no pucks for track riding). Only set I could find that fit a short girl and customization gets pricey. Just ordered another set in black. This is a pic from when I went to the special (bikes only) opening of Fastest Indian.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
usually wear an Alpinestars Alloy jacket with Alpinestars Track pants, Sidi boots, Alpinestars gloves with hard armor.. but just bought today an Alpinestars Stage 1piece suit.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Guys.. I've been chatting with the folks at BKS in england. I asked them about roo skin in the suites.. here is there reply:

We use 0.7mm - 0.8mm kangaroo for our gloves and might just get away with 0.9mm but this will make them a bit bulky. We do not use this for suits as it is still too thin. Tear strength is good but abrasion resistance is still not good enough. also skin sizes are around 7sq ft whereas cowhides are 20 - 25sq ft and cutting proper size panels just isn't possible with Roos. Alos the best Roos at 9sq ft if you can get them dont come round very often and get favoured in their supply to Nike and Adidas for soccer boots. They also cost 3 x as much as best quality cowhide. The stuff in one particular American brand for example is reject stuff as it's small and thin. You can draw your own conclusions.

If you guys dont know BKS.. they are considered top of the line in europe and among privateer racers (so i've been told)

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts