MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i need some more advice/help. still dealing with my F3 that dropped an intake valve. Mv replaced the engine, brand new 2019-2020 engine. never cracked open just put in the bike. has maybe 15 miles on it so far but there is a noise like an exhaust leak from the front of the engine. it isn't constant. just happens once in awhile or when you might give it a little gas. it "chuffs" not pops and it happens once, then maybe again and then a few minutes later again. i know its coming from the left cyclinder exhaust port, i happened to catch a little flash once when the garage was darker. The Mv rep and i are trying to figure it out, we haven't taken anything apart, air box off or headers off. the valve in the exhaust"not sure what its name is" is moving with the engine rpms but the sound happens at idle also. like i said its not constant just happens every so often. sometimes more sometimes theres 6-7 minutes between. When it happens the engine kind of stutters like its going to die. would a sticking exhaust valve cause the stuttering? the engine was straight from MV so it was never cracked open. Could it be an electrical issue? spark no spark situation? would a coil cause this intermitted problem or would it just not fire at all?
Been through hell and back with this bike mostly from the shop situation not an Mv situation. Maybe I'll change the engine oil, just cause i don't know what else to do with out advice. LOL i didn't check the engine oil level, i'll go do that now, should have thought of that the way the shop gave the bike back. any advice would be helpful, i'm somewhat mechical but going that deep is alot beyond my knowledge.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

ok i couldn't seem to understand how to get the videos to pop up in the message

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
another member had that same sound. --not that long ago. Does anyone recall?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I have some pics. did more digging because i was wondering if the pressure sensor(pics 1,2,3- part#19 in 1) has to be above the throttle bodies? the #2 pic from the parts book shows all three throttle bodies have a little cap covering the brass nipple(pics =part 6-cap spring kit,5-black cap out of focus just below the grey injector plug.) the left throttle body doesn't have this black cap(pic 4). pics 6 and 8 show the clear line running from the left brass nipple to the pressure sensor, kinda blurry in 8. I'm wondering if the cap missing off the left brass nipple on the left throttle body could be causing my issue? or if the pressure sensor is attatched to the wrong nipple? tried to trouble shoot earlier and my son said he saw the clear line light up when the bike did its exhaust thing. i tried to catch it but i didn't see it. i tightened the exhaust manifold bolts. there are tight. the gasket could have a ding or be bad at that area. any idea why there would be flame(combustion) coming out of the throttle body? exhaust valve sticking maybe? i thought i had a basic idea of combustion engines but now it seems more like preschool level.
throttlebody1.png
throttlebody2.png
throttlebody8.jpg
throttlebody3sensor.jpg
throttlebody4.jpg
throttlebody5.jpg
throttlebody6.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts