MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

just got off the phone with the dealer.

He said that I am not gettting my original 750 back!!! That's a good news!!

There is an option on the table for me to get the new 910...with some more money...

So, I am back to the original question, 750 or 910?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
:popcorn: I say you should get a 910R, forget the standard 910. I personally think the 910R is what the stardard 910 should have been in regards to the improved performance, handling, weight, etc. Its simply better all around. I'm almost certain that most of those customers who initially bought the standard 910 would've done things differantly if they had known a 910R, a more improved version of the 910 was coming out. It's Like the 1000R compared to the 1000S, why settle for less, especially when theirs a small price differance between the two bikes. That is of course if money is not a factor. But, let me say again, the 910R is what the 910 should feel like performance wise. What ever you decide, nobody will fault you here. Because it will still be an MV AGUSTA. And thats always a good choice. :yo: Good Luck!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
spalding12 said:
i think you are right about the 910R... but, they are harder to come by, i think
either way....
make the right deal FOR YOU.... and NOT your dealer, nor MV

GREG,
HOW ABOUT FOR MADMAN? YOU LEFT ME OUT! :stickpoke :naughty:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have to say - I could have got an 'R' but the 910s is way more than I need for the street and I got a handy discount and a great color. I'm very happy with my 'ordinary' and somewhat 'boring' 910 that doesn't have 'radially mounted' brakes or 'hand polished' intake ports or 'superlight' wheels but does have an 'Ago' red frame gorgeous silver ferrari inspired wheels and turns way quick - I love exactly what I have and really for a quite decent price. So there....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
quacker998 said:
I have to say - I could have got an 'R' but the 910s is way more than I need for the street and I got a handy discount and a great color. I'm very happy with my 'ordinary' and somewhat 'boring' 910 that doesn't have 'radially mounted' brakes or 'hand polished' intake ports or 'superlight' wheels but does have an 'Ago' red frame gorgeous silver ferrari inspired wheels and turns way quick - I love exactly what I have and really for a quite decent price. So there....
you have an AMAZING bike... no doubt about that in my mind

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
261 Posts
quacker998 said:
I still think my traditional red/silver 910S is still one of the most beautiful bikes on the road and still goes like a scalded ape. BTW, if the triple pot Nissin brakes are good enough for the F41000S, they're good enough me. Amazingly, they stop just fine and they dont even have "Brembo" written on the side. "Madman's" comments are either based on complete ignorance of the 910S or he is just trying to start some crap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
MADMAN said:
:popcorn: I say you should get a 910R, forget the standard 910. I personally think the 910R is what the stardard 910 should have been in regards to the improved performance, handling, weight, etc. Its simply better all around. I'm almost certain that most of those customers who initially bought the standard 910 would've done things differantly if they had known a 910R, a more improved version of the 910 was coming out. It's Like the 1000R compared to the 1000S, why settle for less, especially when theirs a small price differance between the two bikes. That is of course if money is not a factor. But, let me say again, the 910R is what the 910 should feel like performance wise. What ever you decide, nobody will fault you here. Because it will still be an MV AGUSTA. And thats always a good choice. :yo: Good Luck!
No offense to current "R" owners because they are fabulous bikes but the upgrades over the S are not so extreme as to warrant this. Other than the Brembo brakes I doubt the difference is very noticeable except at the upper levels of racetrack performance, and that is assuming that the non delivered yet promised exhaust is installed. I was going to wait for the 07 R but after examining the specs, determining the stellar deal on the lowly S and discovering that I could buy the FULL exhaust immediately I couldn't pass it up. Plus I got the awesome red frame and MV Silver. Couldn't be happier, unless I had those Brembos.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
ks9mm said:
So,

just got off the phone with the dealer.

He said that I am not gettting my original 750 back!!! That's a good news!!

There is an option on the table for me to get the new 910...with some more money...

So, I am back to the original question, 750 or 910?

I`m glad you`re getting a new bike because I`m sure that was the plan when you got the first one. I saw the other used bikes in this forum you had to chuse from. They where boath great bikes I`m shure, but you chose a NEW one and that is what you should have, and not one that had a wrench all over it. :yo:

·
Registered
261 Posts
alanparr said:
No offense to current "R" owners because they are fabulous bikes but the upgrades over the S are not so extreme as to warrant this. Other than the Brembo brakes I doubt the difference is very noticeable except at the upper levels of racetrack performance, and that is assuming that the non delivered yet promised exhaust is installed. I was going to wait for the 07 R but after examining the specs, determining the stellar deal on the lowly S and discovering that I could buy the FULL exhaust immediately I couldn't pass it up. Plus I got the awesome red frame and MV Silver. Couldn't be happier, unless I had those Brembos.
Madman is just full of hyperbolic bullsh*t, just MHO.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yea....the "regular" 910 is a total piece of CRAP :jerkoff:
Only losers like me buy the regular 910S, the S stands for suck and the R stands for Racer......if you want to be cool, get an R :loser: :laughing:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Whatever you like is the ticket.
I'm riding since more than 25 years and consider myself a decent rider - the 750 is more than enough for me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is my dilema...

I have been riding and racing for a while, and had a number of bikes over the years. I ended up with R6 for the track, because I enjoy working the bike to the max, not worry about highsides too much.

The question is this... which one is a better street bike 750 or 910?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would go for the 910 as it has better set up at low and mid rev, because the 750 likes to run allways on higher rpm......
In my opinion the 910 is the better allround bike!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I rekon ride torque on the street and useable hp on the track the 910 is a more pleasing street machine - short shifting on the torque wave is such a blast and feels a little less frenetic - then again if you could get a really great deal on a 750 like say 10k out the door you could use the extra dollars to ? ac tually just ride the hell out of it the way it is - they are both really great machines depends what you like to 'feel' in an engine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts