MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Interesting 'speculation' as always John......, as usual Crutchlow is in a bit of a quandary......

Too many 'bums' and not enough bikes ., and the team managers looking at the 'new kid' on the horizon.
It is a 'business' not just 'entertainment'.

Good read:)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The perfect choice for Honda, someone who will be up there more often than not, getting podiums and helping Honda secure the constructors title whilst at the same time not threatening Marc for the title?
As for Dani's choice, where else was he going to go? Its the sad state of MotoGP that there are only four competitive seats in the series, three of which have been held by the same riders for at least the last 7 years and assuming Jorge signs with Yamaha again then the order won't change for another two.

Makes you wonder whats the point of the Tech 3 and Gresini/LCR teams, supposedly feeders to the factory teams, in recent years riders have come and gone from those teams because they have no where to go. Cal for all his failings was one of the most competitive and successful riders on a satellite bike and yet he was left with no where to go and I can see the same happening to Pol?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Oh I do hope Ducati come back with a stonking bike next season :laughing:

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
That's what the link I posted said. :stickpoke
The link you posted only speculated Cal was going to LCR. The link I posted contained the press release from LCR confirming Cal's arrival. :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cal Crutchlow to finish out 2014 and Iannone to start 2015 with Ducati.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I think he's made a bad decision, that is if it was his to make?
What is he hoping to achieve now at a satellite Honda team? At least with the factory team he would have been in with an outside chance of them building a good bike for next season and he would have had full factory support to challenge for wins. Now at LCR all he's going to be doing is battling for forth bitching that he hasn't got the parts that the factory boys have got, just like he was when he was at tech 3. He's got no chance of getting onto a Repsol bike as they're taken till 2017. Surprised he's been given a ride there to be honest, I'd have thought they would have wanted to pick up a rider from Moto2, maybe Ducati paid them to offer him a ride, cheaper than buying him out of his contract?

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The problem with Cal is he doesn't know when to keep it shut and play the diplomatic company game..

I still say that Dovi is a more all round complete rider than Cal ( sorry if I’ve offended Cal’s fan base on here, but I’m sure you’ll get over it :).. )..

I think the guy is a nice bloke and has a good sense of humour, but Cal stands about as much chance of winning a race now that Marquez is on the seen, as all the plants in our solar system lining up in one perfect straight line.

It ain’t going to happen, no matter what bike Cal is riding..

At least if he had towed the company line and bided his time at Ducati, he might have been in the top 6 to 7 finishers next season… and got handsomely paid for his efforts.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I think he's made a bad decision, that is if it was his to make?
What is he hoping to achieve now at a satellite Honda team? At least with the factory team he would have been in with an outside chance of them building a good bike for next season and he would have had full factory support to challenge for wins. Now at LCR all he's going to be doing is battling for forth bitching that he hasn't got the parts that the factory boys have got, just like he was when he was at tech 3. He's got no chance of getting onto a Repsol bike as they're taken till 2017. Surprised he's been given a ride there to be honest, I'd have thought they would have wanted to pick up a rider from Moto2, maybe Ducati paid them to offer him a ride, cheaper than buying him out of his contract?
The LCR Honda is 99.9% a full factory bike. Honda always provide a full factory bike to one other rider outside the factory team. That is why Bradl is out, because he has a bike that can certainly win and he doesn't even podium. This is Cal's last chance to prove he can cut it in MotoGP. If he can't win on the LCR Honda he won't win. The one and only reason Cal got this is ride is the LCR's new title sponsor is a Brit company and wanted a Brit on the bike.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Bull Shit
Oh its far from bull shit. It is well known that Honda ALWAYS has a 3rd factory bike outside the Repsol Honda team. LCR has had it since Bradl has been there. Before that Gresini had it with Super Sic. In years past there might have been slight differences as the full factory team got new parts a few races before the 3rd factory bike but with the new development freeze rules the 3rd factory bike is just about identical. In fact Bautista's bike is the same save for the Showa and Nissan bits. This is common knowledge.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
In fact Bautista's bike is the same save for the Showa and Nissan bits. This is common knowledge.

So what your saying is then is that two out if three of the most important performance parts of the bike are inferior? ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts