MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was chatting to my dealer the other day and he informs me that after a meeting with MV representatives in the UK recently, he has been told that there are no changes due for the 312 in 2008. However, the changes will take place in 2009. Which I suppose will make sense with the injection of cash into the company regarding the recent deal with BMW. However, this is all subject to change as we see from the R to the 312 in a short space of time.

However, just spoke to the importer in the UK who states that they are planning an upgrade to the 312 in 2008?

I give up! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That makes sense, but a year is along time. Assuming the Fogarty team starts racing I am sure there would be an update through the year. (variable intakes anyone and traction control anyone?)

I spoke with my dealer and he is bit pissed off, as he said there are a lot of speculation with new models not only for MV but with Ducati for next year which is making some 312 potential buyers say "lets wait and see".
He also said the supersport contender has a lot of strength to the rumours.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If nothing is presented at Milan this year, at least we know the 312R will be top product for another year at least, which would be a good idea.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I really would like to see something new come out. I can then decide which one to get and not feel bad about it. If I buy now and something new come out I would feel kinda cheated. That and there will be some spectacular deals on F4R's and 312's if something new comes out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
True, but if they start doing like the japanese manufacturers and change the bike every 2 years, it's no fun.
The F4 1000 has already been changed from 1000S to 1000R and then to 1000R 312 in 2 years, they started producing the 1000R in 2006 and in 2007 the R312 was the newer version. Talk about being cheated.
Not to mention, if they make a new bike, maybe it won't be as good looking as the F4, but it will definitely be technicaly better, so it's a gamble.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Alexandrus said:
True, but if they start doing like the japanese manufacturers and change the bike every 2 years, it's no fun.
The F4 1000 has already been changed from 1000S to 1000R and then to 1000R 312 in 2 years, they started producing the 1000R in 2006 and in 2007 the R312 was the newer version. Talk about being cheated.
Not to mention, if they make a new bike, maybe it won't be as good looking as the F4, but it will definitely be technicaly better, so it's a gamble.
I am taking looks over Tech. any day of the week. The bike is so far beyond anything I could ever throw at it anyway.

I do agree with you I dont like how they have changed models so much in the past few years but I suppose that is the way to keep things fresh dunno

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Dova80 said:
I am taking looks over Tech. any day of the week. The bike is so far beyond anything I could ever throw at it anyway.

I do agree with you I dont like how they have changed models so much in the past few years but I suppose that is the way to keep things fresh dunno
To be honest there is not a major difference between the S and the R, it is more refined with the elecs etc, and I guess the R to 312 gap is probably smaller that the S to R gap, as the R has the later elecs that it shares with the 312 and ecu etc, It also fuels as well once the ecu is changed.

I doubt very much that MV will develop a brand new engine or major cycle parts either, expect a re-clothed bike and possibly a different exhaust with maybe the 1080 cylinders fitted on the 312R which will then be quicker so the 312 designation has to change, maybe to 321RS??? guess it depends how fast MV think it will go, certainly none of the mags have matched mV's 312kph claim, although it was matched at Bonneville I guess :)

Looks wise the MV is still stunning, but perhaps a little long in the tooth now?

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you count the special edition bikes, like the Senna and CC, then it's base, but special editions aside, if a new 1000+ cc bike won't be introduced, then 312R should remain the top, correct ?
Hopefully they will build some 600cc version of the F4, or maybe a new 600cc engine, would really help sales I guess.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like I said somewhere else on the forum, if any 3cyl engine is to be produced, won't be named F3.
Anyway, no info. I should have a chat with my local dealer, he is quite passionate about the MV Agusta, but I doubt he has some inside info.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
mikef4uk said:
To be honest there is not a major difference between the S and the R, it is more refined with the elecs etc, and I guess the R to 312 gap is probably smaller that the S to R gap, as the R has the later elecs that it shares with the 312 and ecu etc, It also fuels as well once the ecu is changed.

I doubt very much that MV will develop a brand new engine or major cycle parts either, expect a re-clothed bike and possibly a different exhaust with maybe the 1080 cylinders fitted on the 312R which will then be quicker so the 312 designation has to change, maybe to 321RS??? guess it depends how fast MV think it will go, certainly none of the mags have matched mV's 312kph claim, although it was matched at Bonneville I guess :)

Looks wise the MV is still stunning, but perhaps a little long in the tooth now?
Yes Performance is void for me, they are outragous from the S model to the 312. For me its all about the looks.

Fitting some new fairings on an f4 would be intresting.

Yes the f4 is still stunning but it is a bit long in the tooth. It will be a timeless design, but for me, I am waiting to see what comes out in Nov. Either way I choose a new F4 or the current design I am sure I will be happy.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I echo Dova's sentiments exactly. For me the Senna has been the ultimate bike. Period. And that just saying by looking at the pics...I have yet to ride one!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hopefully they will build some 600cc version of the F4
I can't see that somehow. The F4 is just too heavy to carry a 600cc motor and make it competitive. So, if there's to be an all-new chassis and clothes for a new 600cc MV, I would suggest that Tamburini's been styling a new design from which the 600 and the F4's replacement will both derive. So if a new 600 appears at Milan, I think it will represent Tamburini's hard graft, and would be the spiritual successor to the 916 and MV F4. But then I'd have thought they would have left that reveal for their flagship 1000cc product. If they stick a 600cc motor in an F4 I think they'll be on to a sales loser.

Si

·
Registered
136 Posts
First, F4 is the name of the engine, not the bike.
You are right about the rest, but I was not reffering to a 600cc version of the bike. Of course, they will have to design a new bike from scratch, but I think it would be beneficial to them because it seems the request for 600cc bikes is rising.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My buddy Tiberio lives near the factory. He tells me they're working on an "F4 Reopropf," with a significant change to the frame to accomodate slower riders:

Where you at, Reopunk? :stickpoke

TC

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
suryad said:
I echo Dova's sentiments exactly. For me the Senna has been the ultimate bike. Period. And that just saying by looking at the pics...I have yet to ride one!
Just curious, Suryad .... have you seen a Senna "in the flesh" ... or just pictures so far?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
G.Rand said:
Just curious, Suryad .... have you seen a Senna "in the flesh" ... or just pictures so far?
Pics. I am buying it without even having seen it once. My dealer and my brother have kindly sent me pics :p

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You won't be disappointed. I bought mine from pics, too, as the bike hadn't been released to the market yet at the time of my purchase.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts