MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the latest and last (for the moment anyway) addition to the Brute. I installed some 6mm wide red rim stripes on my silver Star wheels. Well actually my artist friend Jim did, as he has a much better eye. I like these stripes much better than the 11mm wide stripe I experimented with earlier. I got them at Mid Ohio for $10.00. They can easily be removed in about 2 minutes, if you wanted.

Cheers, Phil

P.S. Picture was taken at 2008 European Motorcycle Day at Larz Anderson Park in Brookline, Ma. on 9/21/08. I didn't win anything, but I was the only modern MV and the bike did garner a lot of attention. Just wait another 20 years!!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Philip, I think your wheels look great, but I'm betting the snobs here are gonna flame you! :jerkoff:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Do those silver stars keep spinning when you come to a stop? I think you should add
some red vinyl streamers to the bar ends to complete the look:yo:

·
Registered
235 Posts
They look good! I have them on mine too!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey to each his own. Like I said they were only $10.00 and are easily removed. If you look at the current crop of Euro bikes, lots of them are featuring pinstriped wheels. This is just a test before I pay a pin striper.

I am just glad that I have silver star wheels and not those ugly flat black wheels. :stickpoke

No I would not have won because it is only a 2006 and the Show judges will not give out Awards to late model bikes, with good reason.

No spinners and ABSOLUTELY no red streamers! :jerkoff:

And no they are not retro reflective, but if they were they would only make the bike safer to ride at night. :laughing:

Phil

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am just glad that I have silver star wheels and not those ugly flat black wheels. :stickpoke

No spinners and ABSOLUTELY no red streamers! :jerkoff:

And no they are not retro reflective, but if they were they would only make the bike safer to ride at night. :laughing:

Phil
Whew, that's a relief...for a moment I thought you had bad taste, mate.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Phil: There's some serious jackin with you going on here, Bubba. Just remember.....opinions are like assholes....everyone's got one, and most of 'em stink.....

·
Registered
922 Posts
dearpixel,

I only try and do tasteful mods... :stickpoke

Hey did you go to the F1 race?? If so, how was it?

Phil
Didn't go for the race--turned down the offer of a posh seat in the grandstand cos I'm an arse, basically. Checked out the track & lights a few days before. It was fabulous. Did it look fab to you on the tele?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HUH????? You passed on a POSH seat in the grandstand? Probably right across from the Ferrari pits too, right?

Yes it dod look great! Man Singapore looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! They have thrown down the gauntlet now!

Cheers, Phil

P.S. I STILL like my stripes!!! :stickpoke

Didn't go for the race--turned down the offer of a posh seat in the grandstand cos I'm an arse, basically. Checked out the track & lights a few days before. It was fabulous. Did it look fab to you on the tele?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts