MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Interesting read, and perhaps understandable from a 'commercial decision' viewpoint. However, citing Euro regs as a means of discontinuing the F4 might be a tad over-the-top. Most, if not all, manufacturers who export into or produce for Europe have managed to comply with the (overstrict?) requirements.

For us as present owners, we have our joy and might be rewarded by values maintaining pace with inflation. I wonder though, if this next Castiglioni special might be just another cash grab?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Mixed feelings about this storyline...It looks more or less to sound like a "bad thing" is going on.

Just looks to me, they want to end the current four cylinder period, stop investing money and R&D in euro4 (euro5 future..??) and start on the new four cylinder platform. Putting their craftmanship and time into "the new era of hybrid/eletric technology.
By reading this article the new F4 is going to be a beast if you can believe the numbers. A 200HP combustion engine(thats what the new 1000cc must deliver for a superbike) and 100+ Electric power at the push of a button.
SICK!!!!!
And a dragster 4 cylinder *heavy breathing

Future technology with the MV style and looks. This is going to be good no doubt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Makes sense to me too, the sportbike market in the states has been depressed, new riders are looking for cafe bikes:surprise::surprise::surprise: OK, I just removed the comment about manbuns and tats lest I be considered offensive!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Makes sense to me too, the sportbike market in the states has been depressed, new riders are looking for cafe bikes:surprise::surprise::surprise: OK, I just removed the comment about manbuns and tats lest I be considered offensive!!
Don't get me started on the man buns......

·
Registered
565 Posts
What I wish would have happened for this year is that MV produced a reverse crank F4. Ducati has the Pani V4 with reverse crank and its being reviewed highly positively. I understand why seeing some of the benefits the F3 has from the reverse crank. If MV and Ducati both had an offering like that this year everyone would win!!

Its interesting watching development and racing vs regulations. I love the visionary aspect of MV and its courage in decisions.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
What I wish would have happened for this year is that MV produced a reverse crank F4. Ducati has the Pani V4 with reverse crank and its being reviewed highly positively. I understand why seeing some of the benefits the F3 has from the reverse crank. If MV and Ducati both had an offering like that this year everyone would win!!

Its interesting watching development and racing vs regulations. I love the visionary aspect of MV and its courage in decisions.
You're right. Since Ducati V4 now has a CRC and has good reviews, it wont take long for yamaha/kawasaki/honda you name it to follow.
And yes MV is surely going to do this to their new bikes. :laugh:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I got a man bun :D Tuck away those miles of epic waivy hair.>:)
If you've got miles of hair you're allowed to control it however you see fit. I used to have long hair too.
It's the guys that are just pulling it all together to look like a yogi or new age beatnik or whatever....that just looks silly to me.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
if you've got miles of hair you're allowed to control it however you see fit. I used to have long hair too.
It's the guys that are just pulling it all together to look like a yogi or new age beatnik or whatever....that just looks silly to me.
+++1

·
Registered
299 Posts
Kinda bummed for the overall industry, to read that literbikes are perceived for old guys? The sales-man at the the dealer I went to was just a kid. He helped me buy they F3, and then went and got himself a Stradale. Which is a cool bike too, but maybe that's the market MV is further honing in on man-bun money >:) with a 1000cc retro Brutale.

And the F4 will need to breathe fire and have a "Ludicrous button" to be appealing enough?! I just hope it doesn't become anything like the H2, which was kinda cool, but sorta ridiculous at the same time...

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Kinda bummed for the overall industry, to read that literbikes are perceived for old guys? The sales-man at the the dealer I went to was just a kid. He helped me buy they F3, and then went and got himself a Stradale. Which is a cool bike too, but maybe that's the market MV is further honing in on man-bun money >:) with a 1000cc retro Brutale.

And the F4 will need to breathe fire and have a "Ludicrous button" to be appealing enough?! I just hope it doesn't become anything like the H2, which was kinda cool, but sorta ridiculous at the same time...

I think the market in general for fairinged sport bikes is the older crowd, not necessarily liter bikes per se. Naked bikes appeal to younger buyers. At least in my professional motorcycle marketing expertise. :wink2: For me, the F4 series is plenty fast. I get the "coolness" of having a bike that will produce 300HP at the touch of a button but at some point you have to ask why, from a practical riding standpoint. Completely useless on the street. Not that I won't be eyeing one for my garage when they come out. :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Same here. I prefer a full fairing bike.

I feel a bit fooled now. I’m currently building my own “Last F4” for €25.000 and now MV does one themselves. Darn. Even if will land on €100.000 it’ll still be the most sought after F4 forever.
My dealership told me that my bike would be the last one.

The -17 RC is the best looking of them but the exclusivity is somehow gone after they made the -18 and the LH44 version. And now it’s time for one last more.

Depending on how it looks maybe I’ll trade in mine. The BST rims from Superleggera will be fitted on the last F4 most likely. But what else: 230hp? Carbon tank? Carbon swingarm? Don’t think so.
My guess is that it’ll be a regular F4RC with BST rims and a nice paint job. Even if they go with 1078cc it’ll never be as vicious as mine. :D

Darn exciting anyway! Can’t wait for the new F4.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Will be interesting to see how the parts supply for existing models stackup . Still think that F4s will always be a keeper.

Dreams of having one as a kid now have art to look at every day. Art never ages so lets hope they stick to the history which started it all off many years ago.

Regards.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Pretty sure the article said they'll be making it again in 2021 or so. So this is a temporary cease of F4 production. Yes?

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Yes.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Probably a super or hyper bike will come back, but it won't be designated F4.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts