MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Randy is making his swan song MotoGP ride on the Suzuki he has been helping develop.....then he is off to WSBK.
Will be more interested to see the young guns on the Suzuki during testing Monday..

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hello all , long time no hear . Been down , heath. ANYHOW ... When Yamaha was contemplating signing Rossi for another 2 year contract, Lorenzo was having a stretch of bad luck/slump. It seemed that Rossi was sand bagging a bit . Why I say this is under hard braking, Rossi didn't hang his leg out as he normally does when pushing hard for that extra 1/10th of a second.
3 years ago the thought would have crossed my mind. But now, being that team orders are not as frowned upon as they where years ago the thought of Rossi sand bagging as a favor to Yamaha isn't as crazy as it sounds.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Do either of them really care, and would they want to be gifted 2nd place by their teammate? They are both multiple world champions, to them they probably think second is just first loser ;)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Rossi may be as fast as he ever was but Yamaha is looking at Lorenzo to be the teams number 1 rider when Rossi retires in 2 years .

That being said, Rossi lines have always been more/closer to the lines of Marquez/Roberts/Spencer dirt tracker style where as Lorenzo lines where more of the traditional lines of a Christian Sarron (remember him?) European style . The first time Rossi and Lorenzo where team mates Rossi was a tick faster and much to my surprise more consistent. (MCN SPORT Magazine) Rossi is as fast as ever so I would bet on history repeating itself with Rossi edging out Lorenzo once again.

PS.... I say this with no disrespect to Lorenzo. he is truly one of the greats in his own right .

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Yamaha is in big trouble when Rossi retires. It was mainly Rossi in all the R1 promo vids. Hardly saw Lorenzo in any of them except for the last five minutes of the R1 launch. That is already telling you a lot about Yamaha's view on the No1 rider.

I don't like Pol at all and cant see who will be the next up and comer at Yamaha.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Don't forget Lorenzo will have been at Yamaha 9yrs by the end of 2016 too, by then they may be looking to replace them both?

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
Bass-ackwards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts