MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this bike. It was hard to put it away till March. If the ice melts early I'll take it out. The sound of that motor is just heaven. The smooth entry into curves is like silk. The tire grips like a dragon.......

I know you know. :heart:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Irwin...also interested in your thoughts on the Brutale vs. Sportclassic. Thx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's gettin cold

I live on Long Island. I garage all the bikes in NYC. You can ride all year round as long as there isn't any ice. I'd go out as long as it was above 40 at noon. It's a wet cold here.

I took the Brutale off the road for the winter because I am putting an 06 Ducati Sport Classic yellow on the insurance till March. Haven't ridden it yet. I got a deal on a trade in which had the raised bars. I lowered the rear shock and sent the seat to sargent to narrow and lower. I'm 5'4" and short legs. I also had my Brutale rear shock lowered.

What do I expect? I expect the Ducati to be a lot slower than the MV. But that's OK because some days I don't want to let the dog out. I just love the SC look as I love the early 70's bikes.

I'm gonna put on a picture of the whole family when I get a chance.

Happy New Year. Ride safe. :yo:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thx Irwin...pls tell us about the sportclassic. We've been fortunate so far with the weather...all my stock is still rolling :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
70's Cafe Bike

I too love the look of the 70's bikes. Sorry, but I could not resist as this is my 1976 BMW R90 CAFE. Very custom but hopefully classy, crank out restoration stripped to bare frame, and the souped up greatly - it screams (for an old bike). :blah:

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
jmrudnicki said:
I too love the look of the 70's bikes. Sorry, but I could not resist as this is my 1976 BMW R90 CAFE. Very custom but hopefully classy, crank out restoration stripped to bare frame, and the souped up greatly - it screams (for an old bike). :blah:
Thats a damn good looking bike, love the color.

Irwin, where on long island are you? I live in North Massapequa and have a good friend in Bellmore with a F4 1000s, we should get together when it gets warm again.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yes, nice bike James. :smoking: Are they the original cylinder head covers? I've never really hankered after the boxer twins, but I did like the R90S with those enormous Bing carburettors and the small headlamp fairing. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
did someone say R90S ?

You mean that you like an R90S like this one ? It is my "perfectly" restored and ridden when gorgeous weather prevails 1976 R90S (matching #s restored from the crank out and stripped to bare metal, etc.). Yes, the Daytona fairing is very cool and the large carbs are 38mm Delorto "pumper" carbs that only came on the R90S; all other BMWs from '74 to '76 came with Bings of various sizes, most in the 32mm range. The Delortos account for almost all of the 7 hp increase over the R90 (60 hp) v. R90S (67 hp). The valve covers on my Cafe should look like the ones on my R90S but I opted for the black /8 series valve covers instead of the more vintage rounded valve covers on the /6s like my R90S.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
That's the one James, although if I remember correctly the R90S imported into the UK had 40mm Bings not 38mm dellortos, nice bike, have you got any more hidden away in your garage? :stickpoke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts