MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, going for a ride with a few guys--they just moved into the building (R1 and Duc), not long--but leaving pretty early.

hope to hit the road by 7am, be back by 10am.

if you are in the area and awake, come on down! reply if interested and i'll give the details (address is under my avatar actually, the webste of my building).

have a good weekend!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good way to meet some local MV'ers. Still healing from shoulder surgery. I'll throw up a post in a couple months when ready to ride.

Enjoy it out there. I believe ACH is re-opened now, isn't it?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good way to meet some local MV'ers. Still healing from shoulder surgery. I'll throw up a post in a couple months when ready to ride.

Enjoy it out there. I believe ACH is re-opened now, isn't it?
it wasn't about 3 or 4 weeks ago, i tried--it is it now?? wonder how i can find out...

cal trans website maybe?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked cal trans--here is what it said:

SR 2
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
ALL TRACTOR-SEMI TRAILER COMBINATIONS WITH 3 AXLES OR GREATER ARE
PROHIBITED FROM THE JCT OF I 210 /IN LA CANADA-FLINTRIDGE/ TO THE
ANGELES FOREST HIGHWAY (LOS ANGELES CO) - ALTERNATE ROUTES ARE AVAILABLE

sooooooooo, sounds open, no?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was up at Pro Italia last week and I think someone there told me re-opened after that weekend (i.e. one week ago).

·
Registered
64 Posts
It opened Monday. Went up on Wednesday to Red Box and back. LOTS of rock fall since there is nothing holding the hill sides together. Talked to CalDot worker at the ranger station and they think there will be frequent closures once the rainy season starts due to large slides. It is otherworldy up there - brand new Armco contrasted with barren hillsides of black tree trunks and the occasional burst of green where new growth is coming through. They replaced something like 44,000 of the center lane reflectors which melted in the fire. The road itself seems to have gotten through okay, but be cautious up there. On my way back from Red Box, there plenty of new deposits of gravel and rock at corners that were clean on my way up. It's gonna be a while before you would want to push it up there.
Hi Sean - I should be home most of the winter, let me know when you are healed up and we can get a ride in.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Chuck, glad to hear you'll be home for little bit. Must be nice for you, huh?

Ironically I'll be in the UK and Italy for three weeks (maybe you unknowingly rubbed off on me). But I don't think I'll realistically be on a bike for about another 8 weeks or so anyhow.

I'm going to be in Torino (only a 90 minute drive from Varese), but they're not doing any tours at the factory until 2010 :bawling:. Somehow I don't think the " come on guys, I did some TV stuff for Harley!" angle is going to work so hot anymore LOL.

·
Registered
735 Posts
was that Newcomb's in the link? Missing Cali and it's ever changing landscape

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha I was like... shit!

I spent a while on the website and it looks like an amazing place!
like everything, the recession hi them too. the building is still very nice for sure, but hey don;t have the budget they used to. when i moved in about 18 months ago, there was free soda and water in the fridge in the common area/lounge as well as apples or oranges out. there used to be silverware to use in he outdoor kitchen (people would just wash it and put it back), towels in the gym, chocolate candies in the theater, etc...

but, then again, i also negotiated a 25% reduction in rent--so can't complain too much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts