MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you have been told about the last minute prise rise to £10299?

Two dealers told me yesterday.

In others news....

One dealer has told me if i pay in full when the bikes arrives i can have one off the next batch, even if their are people who
ordered before me. He says the reason is because some people who have order bikes can't afford them yet.

Another well respected dealer called me back yesterday afternoon with an estimate of May for delivery.

It's quite interesting the views about MV and the importer you get from different dealers. most are good about MV but the importer not so good.

As someone who salesteam has 97% customer satisfaction I am surprised they allow their reputation to become so bad amongst dealers and
customers, I have no doubt in person they are all jolly nice chaps but they really do need to start answering phones / emails and call people
back, if they are too busy then employ more people.

So what to do now, I thought about going to my dealer today to make him aware that if my bike does not come by the end of april he
has lost my business and i will be having my deposit back, one things for sure i won't be paying the extra £300!

The general opinion is the next batch is due in two to three weeks?

Does anyone know who MotoGB's dealer are? i thought one was Bennets but they said they are not.

hope everyone is ok :)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
How many of you have been told about the last minute prise rise to £10299?

Two dealers told me yesterday.

In others news....

One dealer has told me if i pay in full when the bikes arrives i can have one off the next batch, even if their are people who
ordered before me. He says the reason is because some people who have order bikes can't afford them yet.

Another well respected dealer called me back yesterday afteroon with an estimate of May for delivery.

It's quite interesting the views about MV and the importer you get from different dealers. most are good about MV but the importer not so good.

As someone who salesteam has 97% customer satisfaction I am surprised they allow their reputation to become so bad amongst dealers and
customers, I have no doubt in person they are all jolly nice chaps but they really do need to start answering phones / emails and call people
back, if they are too busy then employ more people.

So what to so now, I thought about going to my dealer today to make him aware that if my bike does not come by the end of april he
has lost my business and i will be having my deposit back, one things for sure i won't be paying the extra £300!

The general opinion is the next batch is due in two to three weeks?

does anyone know who MotoGB's dealer are? i thought one was Bennets but they said they are not.

hope everyone is ok :)
Moto GB own:
KJM Superbike
Preston Superbikes
Orrell Superbike
Millenium (St Helens)
Robinsons of Rochdale
Wigan & Chorley Yamaha

I don't think they all sell MV though!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok cool, quite a few then, no wonder they are busy! I noticed their head office is a house according to the address.

I was planning to drive down today but don't fancy and 3 hour journey when I could be spending the day off with my daughter.

I might try and call them or one of their dealers

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
oh ok cool, quite a few then, no wonder they are busy! I noticed their head office is a house according to the address.

I was planning to drive down today but don't fancy and 3 hour journey when I could be spending the day off with my daughter.

I might try and call them or one of their dealers

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated
Main MV dealers out of the list of Moto GB owned shops are Millenium, Robinsons and Orrell, you will probably get more truth from these as they directly owned by Moto GB, which is Keith J Mason.....................KJM superbike. he's come a long way from his wooden shed in the 90's importing parrallels

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just spoke to a guy at Preston Superbikes, he is making a call on my behalf to see what he can find out, I have said if he can get me one sooner I will order from him.

I probably won't call an others now as Preston are part of MotoGB, I have spoken to his MD twice in the past so he should remember me, he will when he reads my email anyway.

He told me a customer has already taken delivery last friday and he ordered in December 2010 like I did

I meant to say earlier Forza Italia at silverstone got 4 bikes which included 1 ORO. Obviously all sold.

the search continues..........

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the list of UK MV Agusta dealers.

http://www.mvagusta.co.uk/dealers.php

Have you contacted these?

jimboF4
Thanks Jimbo,

That page has been my screen save for a week now lol, it was really the motoGB dealers i was interested in as i hoped they would know a little more than most.

Plus and more importantly I am sure they have a look after your own
first policy.

Cheers for replyong though.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Thanks Jimbo,

That page has been my screen save for a week now lol, it was really the motoGB dealers i was interested in as i hoped they would know a little more than most.

Plus and more importantly I am sure they have a look after your own
first policy.

Cheers for replyong though.
It's a lovely feeling that anticipation of a new bike. more so when it's so special :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Getting somewhere now, well as best as I can do under the circumstances.

Just spoke to another dealer who is a friend of the guy at MotoGb who has been tasked with the job
of allocating the bikes when they arrive, he also very kindly said he would put a call in to see what
he can find out.

imagine if he calls back and says they haven't got an order for you!!

I'm waiting on three call backs now and it seems despite the recent bad press the demand is still huge, dealers can't get enough of them.

I also learned that production is approx 30 bikes a day and again another dealer stating next delivery in approx two weeks,
I really hope my bike is one of them

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a lovely feeling that anticipation of a new bike. more so when it's so special :)
I know I am well excited, my whole family are! I reall can't wait to ride it home then spend a good couple of hours drooling over it in the garden.

I have the polish and micro fibre cloths ready for some serious
buffing :mouthwate

My Garage has never looked so tidy, I spent 4 hours cleaning it and sorting it out the other day.

The money is in my bank too so the cash is ready, I just need the bike now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love reading the excitement in these posts... I am sure you will have your bike before they land in Oz.... These posts keep giving me the fix I need in my own waiting...

Keep us all up-to date .... Looking forward to seeing first pics and hearing about the first ride.:)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Love reading the excitement in these posts... I am sure you will have your bike before they land in Oz.... These posts keep giving me the fix I need in my own waiting...

Keep us all up-to date .... Looking forward to seeing first pics and hearing about the first ride.:)

Yes Middo I have to agree, the F3 section certainly has the biggest vibe on the forum at the moment & like you I am living vicariously thru the new owners :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wow! What a good day it's turned out to be! I have learned so much today and had lots of good news and reassurance.

Where do I start?

Ok let's begin.

So whilst sat in bed cuddling my little baby girl i decided to get busy on the phone calling dealers, especially the motogb owned dealers.

I spoke to two really helpful ones and they found out exactly the news I have been longing for, I have had it confirmed to me today that my bike will definetely be amongst the next delivery of 16 standard F3 to the UK.

This will be hopefully in the next 2 weeks, I reckon I can live with that, it's not a big ask after the almost 15 months.

So this is where it gets really good, i then called Forza Italia which is the dealer based at the Silverstone racing circuit, I spoke to the lady there and again was really polite and helpful. it was then when she said we have four bikes here, yes all sold but come and have a look.

The words were still hanging in the air as i was loading my baby, my girlfriend and my brother into the car. an hour later and i was stood next to the most wonderful, beautiful sexy motorcycle I have ever seen.

My brother and me were completely awe struck. I was lost for words, I can't explain in words how it made me feel. the build quality is stunning, this bike is a masterpiece and just when I thought it couldn't get any better the owner said wait till you hear it.

He pushed in the ignition key which even that is beautiful and fired it up, at first I thought that sounds lovely as it ticked over, then after a 3 minute warm up he came back and blipped the throttle. I swear to you the hairs on my arms stood up, i had goose bumps all over, i have never heard anything quite like it, it sounds incredible, i can't stress enough to anyone who hasn't had the pleasure to hear it yet just how amazing it is.

Honestly people who were outside and next door rushed over and all said that sounds incredible. Wow wow wow I am inlove with this bike.

I am so cross with myself that I let a certain paper question this now easy decission, all I can say is hang in there guys, don't fear or falter, your wait will be well worth it.

I really want to deal with Forza from now on but i need to wait now till next tuesday to see if I can move my order to them, the general feeling from dealers and from moto GB is my dealer cannot supply me the bike anyway due to their franchise removal.

Every dealer I have spoken to today have told me to get back my deposit and then i can decide who I want to pick mine up from. It may be that the regional manager tells my dealer that can not supply me my bike anyway so they will have no choice but to refund me. either way and hopefully no matter what happens I should have an F3 by the end of this month.

ooh turns out as many have said the bike that caused the bad press recently was an italian pre production model that was not supposed to be tested against it's rivals, i was also told today it can be a little jerky in traffic but only in race mode. I was also told there will be an update to improve the mapping at the end of April.

Either way it is no where near as bad as they have made out and it has not gone down well with dealers and MV Agusta.

On a final note, don't let anything sway you, go and see it and hear it, it had me at first sight, you will not be dissapointed, I am on still on cloud 9 wohoo!

I haven't even picked mine up yet lol, imagine what I will be like after I do!

Cheers all

Dan

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Dan

Glad to hear you’re on a happier cloud 9 and the trip down to Forza wasn’t a wasted one..

Let us know when you pick up your F3 and maybe we can all arrange a get together meet up and christen the new girl with a few brews.

John

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah today was a good day, even though i don't know where i will be getting my bike from yet, to know it will be here soon is enough,
to know when it is on UK soil will be more than enough, the rest will sort itself out.

The boss at forza is a really genuine guy, a nice bunch of people there, they made me and my bro a cuppa, we had a really
good chat for a couple of hours whilst we watched him fit the pre delivery parts to a customers F3.

it was pure motorcycle heaven to be in such company of stunning bikes and good people. It just shows how amazing looking
the F3 is, 3 Senna's and an Ago and I couldn't take my eyes off the F3

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Wow! What a good day it's turned out to be! I have learned so much today and had lots of good news and reassurance.

Where do I start?

Ok let's begin.

So whilst sat in bed cuddling my little baby girl i decided to get busy on the phone calling dealers, especially the motogb owned dealers.

I spoke to two really helpful ones and they found out exactly the news I have been longing for, I have had it confirmed to me today that my bike will definetely be amongst the next delivery of 16 standard F3 to the UK.

This will be hopefully in the next 2 weeks, I reckon I can live with that, it's not a big ask after the almost 15 months.

So this is where it gets really good, i then called Forza Italia which is the dealer based at the Silverstone racing circuit, I spoke to the lady there and again was really polite and helpful. it was then when she said we have four bikes here, yes all sold but come and have a look.

The words were still hanging in the air as i was loading my baby, my girlfriend and my brother into the car. an hour later and i was stood next to the most wonderful, beautiful sexy motorcycle I have ever seen.

My brother and me were completely awe struck. I was lost for words, I can't explain in words how it made me feel. the build quality is stunning, this bike is a masterpiece and just when I thought it couldn't get any better the owner said wait till you hear it.

He pushed in the ignition key which even that is beautiful and fired it up, at first I thought that sounds lovely as it ticked over, then after a 3 minute warm up he came back and blipped the throttle. I swear to you the hairs on my arms stood up, i had goose bumps all over, i have never heard anything quite like it, it sounds incredible, i can't stress enough to anyone who hasn't had the pleasure to hear it yet just how amazing it is.

Honestly people who were outside and next door rushed over and all said that sounds incredible. Wow wow wow I am inlove with this bike.

I am so cross with myself that I let a certain paper question this now easy decission, all I can say is hang in there guys, don't fear or falter, your wait will be well worth it.

I really want to deal with Forza from now on but i need to wait now till next tuesday to see if I can move my order to them, the general feeling from dealers and from moto GB is my dealer cannot supply me the bike anyway due to their franchise removal.

Every dealer I have spoken to today have told me to get back my deposit and then i can decide who I want to pick mine up from. It may be that the regional manager tells my dealer that can not supply me my bike anyway so they will have no choice but to refund me. either way and hopefully no matter what happens I should have an F3 by the end of this month.

ooh turns out as many have said the bike that caused the bad press recently was an italian pre production model that was not supposed to be tested against it's rivals, i was also told today it can be a little jerky in traffic but only in race mode. I was also told there will be an update to improve the mapping at the end of April.

Either way it is no where near as bad as they have made out and it has not gone down well with dealers and MV Agusta.

On a final note, don't let anything sway you, go and see it and hear it, it had me at first sight, you will not be dissapointed, I am on still on cloud 9 wohoo!

Cheers all

Dan
And to think just a few days ago, reading your posts you were on a real 'down'er' due to what MCN were saying!:)
Really glad to hear that 'momentary loss of faith' has now passed and getting your beautiful new bike is now so close, 'you can taste it!'.
Really excited for you...Oh this reminds me of when I was getting my Brutale 1078rr...you'll get no sleep you know, till it's in your garage, and even then...
Great news, health to enjoy it
Cheers Brian.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Dan,

Well you have made my day, just added another notch to the excitement. Sounds like a great day.

cheers Ben

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Hey Dan,
I loved reading your post about how excited and happy you were to see and hear the F3. Also to see that you are no longer questioning your decision after the MCN articles.
Just goes to show how personal it can be between a man and his toys.
I'm excited for you...
Cheers

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
All good Things Come...............

Where do I start?

Ok let's begin.

Cheers all

Dan
I'll try to live by that Dan, but I fear you may be preaching to the converted in this instance :laughing: :laughing:

Big Big Big Congratulations - having ridden on your emotional rollercoaster, I am thrilled for you and it couldn't of happened to a worthier guy :)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
yeah today was a good day, even though i don't know where i will be getting my bike from yet, to know it will be here soon is enough,
to know when it is on UK soil will be more than enough, the rest will sort itself out.

The boss at forza is a really genuine guy, a nice bunch of people there, they made me and my bro a cuppa, we had a really
good chat for a couple of hours whilst we watched him fit the pre delivery parts to a customers F3.

it was pure motorcycle heaven to be in such company of stunning bikes and good people. It just shows how amazing looking
the F3 is, 3 Senna's and an Ago and I couldn't take my eyes off the F3

I remember the same feelings early in 2000 when I drove 3 hours over to Lincoln to see the first 3 F4750 bikes in the country (they had a kind of 'open Sunday for owners who had paid deposits) same scenario, enthusists, cup of tea, and just stood there jaw on floor drooling, I came away £100 odd pounds light though with a fully embroidered cover which in itself was a work of art :)

The cover was a complete waste of money:

I put the bike in the house over winter and fitted the cover, every one who came to the house wanted to see the bike, the cover was on and off that many times it nearly got worn out!!

And, when the cover was on even I couldn't see the bike either so it ended up back in it's bag :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts