MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got two e-mails for dealers reminding me today is the last day to pre-order a 1078 F4 or Brutale. I guess they submit orders to MV tomorrow.

Today is your first and only chance to order these incredible models. Call or stop by today!

So, who's pre-ordered one? :stickpoke

Attachments

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Allan... I'll buy your F4 for 14k if you buy mine for 19k :stickpoke

:smoking:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only if I get a 20 day money back guarantee. No refunds on mine though. :)

So....no one else has decided to pre-order a 1078? You've only get a few hours left. :D

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Note, if you will Ladies and Gentlemen, that the cool guy in the poster is sitting on the Brutie. Why? That's because the average F4 rider is such a dork, that MV couldn't find a cool model willing to sit on the F4....:stickpoke

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
He looks to be "posing" more than "riding". :stickpoke

Maybe the F4 overheated and the rider went to get a beer while the Brutale man (lets call him a man for the sake of argument) does his best Brad Pitt impersonation.(which brings us back to "posing")

:smoking:

·
Registered
438 Posts
yea but as you know the brute guy will be getting layed while the f4 guy is still having a beer .
the f4 guy is getting laid....and the brute guy is watching the meters while he waits.....
thats what the picture depicts....

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
the f4 guy is getting laid....and the brute guy is watching the meters while he waits.....
thats what the picture depicts....
hahahahaa....If they had put a model on the F4 it would ruin the beauty of the machine and since the Brutale already looks like an abortion survivor of an F4 just makes since to put a poser on it to help the little fella out.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they only show a portion of the F4 since most motorcyclist already know what it is. It's only been around for like 10 years already.

That Brutale looks good in that picture. MV should have gotten a model who would have been happy to be on the bike. Looks like he's upset someone called him a poser.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
See what I started? :naughty:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's okay. Just confirmed my suspicion that not a lot of people here are placing an order for the 1078. I guess we're either happy with what we have and/or are waiting for a new design?

(On the plus side, the limited number of 1078 won't really hurt current bike values.)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Given the economy and the credit situation, it's not surprising if orders don't set any records. So... you've got to wonder if the "must order" scenario will backfire... And if the dealers don't see much interest and the factory doesn't see many pre-orders... Not sure how the new owners will interpret that.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know, I have a funny feeling that MV isn't too worried about 2009 bikes. I mean, look at the delay in getting the bike in the U.S. or the short notice for pre-orders. I think they only gave about about two weeks notice for pre-orders. So, only those who are in the know and really want one will most likely get one.

I think (or at least am hopeful) that they're working on releasing the next generation bikes sometime next year (probably as a 2011 model). If they flood the market with 1078s, then when the new bike comes, then MV and their dealers will be stuck with a worse headache then the F4Rs. So, I think a limited number of 1078s is a really good thing in the big scheme of things. In a way, everyone wins: We don't take a hit in our resale value, 1078 waiters get their bike, MV gets some publicity and boosts their exclusiveness, and dealers don't have to take discounts to make sale.

Also, I have a feeling some dealers will probably pre-order some for themselves and keep one or two available for "walk-in" type customers. No discounts. :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts