Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
spalding12 said:
no one posts a single thought on this thread
are we so motorcycle crazy that we've lost our social consciousness entirely?

no offense intended
i just thought what happened today warranted a bit of dialog here

perhaps i was wrong
Hardly wrong, but what is there to be said?

That I would personally like to slaughter every single murderer, rapist, and child molester using mediaeval tools that most would think are cruel and unusual.

But what good would that do, it makes me just like them...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
64 Posts
It really is terrible what happened today, but please don't assume that we are all bad people for not talking about it on the forum. I talked about with some people at work today and i just didn't feel like rehashing the event again.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'm glad you posted this....
i think it DOES matter to post what's on your mind about such a horrific event
the fact that folks only want to talk about bikes when this has happened today is sad, quite frankly... and a bit embarrassing
its not embarrasing, I think its just a matter of this being an escape for us to step away from the horrific events that are reported on the news.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'm glad you posted this....
i think it DOES matter to post what's on your mind about such a horrific event
the fact that folks only want to talk about bikes when this has happened today is sad, quite frankly... and a bit embarrassing
Greg,

I applaud you for your outburst of compassion but for every minute that elapsed somewhere in this world someone perished unjustly. This one particular incident is no more f'up than all the other one.

People are different in how they process and express compassion. Verbalizing it is one of them. Some of us probably prefer to internalize things more than other.

My prayers go out to their family...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SuperbikeSB said:
It really is terrible what happened today, but please don't assume that we are all bad people for not talking about it on the forum. I talked about with some people at work today and i just didn't feel like rehashing the event again.
i didn't mean to offend you, either
it just made me sad, i guess

perhaps as a pediatrician, i took it worse than most

maybe not

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ARCHILLE said:
Greg,

I applaud you for your outburst of compassion but for every minute that elapsed somewhere in this world someone perished unjustly. This one particular incident is no more f'up than all the other one.

People are different in how they process and express compassion. Verbalizing it is one of them. Some of us probably prefer to internalize things more than other.

My prayers go out to their family...
thanks you for this post
i know that it means a lot to many people

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't go to political forums and talk MV nor vice versa

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Out here in Australia we just feel sad for you Americans when things like this happen, but similar bad stuff has happened out here. It seems like copy cat type of stuff to me, all I know is that there are a lot of people out there in society that are on the edge of doing similar stuff and hopefully there is some inner force within them that stops them doing these horrendous acts!!

That's my two bobs worth!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reopropf said:
I ride that territory frequently. I feel sorry for the whole community.

The worldwide ongoing murder of innocents has to stop. But how?
i wish i knew how
i guess there is NO way to prevent what happened today
we are, for all intents and purposes, on the "HONOR SYSTEM" in this world

fortunately, there are many more GOOD than bad humans... or.... i can only shudder to think of how much worse this world would be

thanks for your thoughts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gazman said:
Out here in Australia we just feel sad for you Americans when things like this happen, but similar bad stuff has happened out here. It seems like copy cat type of stuff to me, all I know is that there are a lot of people out there in society that are on the edge of doing similar stuff and hopefully there is some inner force within them that stops them doing these horrendous acts!!

That's my two bobs worth!!!
well put

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yes, quite shocked over here though I'm half way round the world away.

There are days I wake up and think why is everyone else having all the fun, but days like this put all the shite I worry about into perspective.

I'm not into religion but I respect the Amish folks for their commitment to their lifestyle. Seems like peace and hardwork are championed in their society. I hope God takes a moment to look on them a bit more kindly today.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dearpixel said:
Yes, quite shocked over here though I'm half way round the world away.

There are days I wake up and think why is everyone else having all the fun, but days like this put all the shite I worry about into perspective.

I'm not into religion but I respect the Amish folks for their commitment to their lifestyle. Seems like peace and hardwork are championed in their society. I hope God takes a moment to look on them a bit more kindly today.
those are very beautiful words and thoughts
i'm so glad you shared them with us

1 - 20 of 22 Posts