MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im the proud new owner of an arrow thunder but now i have a link pipe without a lambda sensor. I read a few posts saying the lambda isnt necessary with a microtec or FBF race ecu. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
The Lambda sensor is not utilized by the FBF/MV CorseECU or the Microtec.
It is part of the emissions system and is only utilized at lower rpms and throttle openings.
The bung could be used for a wide band sensor and auto tune with the Microtec if you invested the money.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if i removed the lambda sensor i could potentially screw up the idle/low rpm response?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
So if i removed the lambda sensor i could potentially screw up the idle/low rpm response?
Not if you have the "Kit" or Microtec ECU that don't use it.
Stock ECU will throw code and idle/off idle will be compromised.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
@esq'z me So removal or omission is no problem if FBF/MV CorseECU (race ECU) or the Microtec is installed. --just the be clear for all.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
Yes ..... It is not used by those, only the stock ECU.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Okay, great. Now for the next bit... I imagine a special lambda socket would aid in removal. The heat cycles certainly freeze the unit in place. I tried to remove mine with a wrench. That didn't happen. Size research next...

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
O2 sensors should always have anti seize applied to threads.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Yea yea yea FBF didn't always do things the way I would have liked ie high temp anti-seize on the threads. I've been correcting all those little time-saving shortcuts as I go along. I asked back then if the sensor was needed since adding the Race ECU... Over the years since handling my own maintenance let's just say I've been rather surprised as to what I've found.

• Sad
Reactions: esq'z me

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
FBF was, in fact, just another dealer.

• Angry
Reactions: EBBO

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
And ALSO removed thanks to @Peteroo who pushed to get it done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts