MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the race. From the results I see that both MVs didnt make it.

Anyone know what happend?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Luca crashed lap 2.

Matt crashed lap 8.

Surely dissappointing for ALL.

Hopefully, the guys will give us an update. There was a nice article in Sport Rider mag this month on the FBF race team.

Peter

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ya, Luca did not look so good getting up after the crash. I hope he is ok! I didnt see Matt's crash on TV so I dont know what happened to him. I hope he is ok too! Definitely a bummer of a day for FBF MV team

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Reopropf said:
Luca crashed lap 2.

Matt crashed lap 8.

Surely dissappointing for ALL.

Hopefully, the guys will give us an update. There was a nice article in Sport Rider mag this month on the FBF race team.

Peter
I watched the european Superstock, Badovini lead for most of the 12 laps, unfortunately he also binned it whilst trying to retake the lead on lap 12

·
Registered
24 Posts
Matt crashed on lap 15.
He is ok, and will be home later tonight.
I am sure he will be along to tell you guys what happened.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
We you know you can do it guys!! Keep up all the hard work, it can only get better!! We are all pulling for you. :drummer:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Matt came into Rainey corner and had to stand it up and went through the gravel trap. He rode it for a while through the gravel and it finally fell over on him, it looked like a easy fall and he looked ok but dejected sitting on the wall watching the other racers go by. It happened right in front of us and we got some great shots of Matt dueling it out with #10 who I think is Doug Chandler.

On another note I wanted to share my experience with Matt, Luca, Eraldo and the entire FBF team. I trailered my F4 down from WA with four guys I ride with. We arrived on wednesday night and planned on riding all day thursday and spending the majority of friday, saturday and sunday at the track. After riding around Big Sur on thursday my bike just died and wouldn't re-start. We spent the majority of thursday trying to figure it out to no avail. While at the track on friday we stopped by the FBF paddock and I started talking to Matt and my bikes current state came up. What he did was a complete class act. He told me to come back a little later that day and he would bring me over and introduce me to his mechanic and see if we could get it figured out so I could ride the rest of the weekend.
I didn't take him up on his very generous offer because I knew that they were working long hours trying to get the bikes ready for qualifying. Matt's offer in of itself just amazed me though, we are lucky to be able to cheer for such a great group of people.
Even though I wasn't able to ride my bike I still had a great time and have photo's and autographs with the whole FBF team.

Thanks again and you have a fan for life.

Rod Rossi

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I would also like to echo a huge thanks for the hospitality out to Matt, Luca, Eraldo, and the entire FBF team...If you ever get out to see the races, go say hi to these amazing people. It was a sad race, but between watching Moto GP warmups with Luca, Admin, Netizen, and Pier from the roof of the Scorpion Helmets hauler in turn two (Thanks Jon!!!), having Matt join our tour group in the turn four suites for the race, and meeting Agostini in the morning at the FBF garage, this was easily my most memorable race experience yet.

More pics to follow, here is a teaser.

FBF rocks! Thanks to Matt and Luca for letting us see their side so up close and personal. Amazing.

Lynn prepares for the dive into the corkscrew.

Agostini, Admin, Pier, and Netizen

I will attempt a write up after I catch my breath...What an incredible weekend it was, and the weather was perfect.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
MV Mike, sorry to get back to you so late, i have a Carbon Sil Motor set of pipes that i had ceramic coated black from the can to the headers. The sound of them is incredible, my wife can hear me before i even turn into our neighborhood!! Hope that helps.

·
Job Hunting
62 Posts
I just a a bit of a rear end slide going into Rainy. Nothing too bad, its happend before. I just stood the bike up and regained traction, by that time I was already out at the edge of the track, so rather than try to stay on the blacktop I took my chances and ran off. I figured that it wouldnt be that bad. It is mostly flat where the run off is. It was nice and hard when I first ran off, so I adjusted to come back on the track and hit some of the pea gravel, at first no big deal, then I got into the deeper stuff, the bike started to tank slap. As the gravel got deeper it started getting worse, I think I was slowed down pretty good and it finally dumped me. The bike had a broken right clip on, that kept me from getting back in the game. I felt pretty bad about the deal, but its racing and sometimes it happens. NOW we get to come back the some of the tracks that I have more laps around!! Thanks for coming out guys it was good seeing all of you out there. Thanks for all the support!!

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Thanks for filling us in Matt, we apprecaite whenever anyone from the team takes time out and give us updates. We look forward to the next race!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Very Much For The Updates Matt, I See Your From Ga. I'am From
East Tn.

Also Thanks Greeneggs&ham For Info On The Pipes, & Where Would One See
About Buying Some. I've Have A Header & Ti Mid Pipe Ordered At Ducati Of
Atlanta. Would They Work With The Parts I Ordered.

How Far Are You From Knoxville & How Far Is A Mv Dealer From Here.

Thanks Mv Mike

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Mike, i sent you an email b/c i figured that would be quicker to answer your questions and not hijack this thread. Hope it helps.

Great pics!!! :f4:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts