MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, actually we went to pick it up, but you get the point.

B4 1078 for dad:

B4 989 for my mother:

All together, my 750 still in pieces, 'cos I haven't received all the parts yet(but she will get her own thread here soon):

There is some jewelry waiting already to be installed, will post pics tomorrow. Both bikes need to be finished, we will do it in coming days( mirrors, battery,...).

Orange is absolutely stunning in real life, pics just don't do it justice, it's really beautiful. I believe it's the first 989 on the forum?
Price was super good for both.

Well, waiting for spring now, to test them both.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool mom, eh?:)

To ''clear'' things up: father wanted to buy B4 1078 for some time now, and mom would be riding 910R this season, if this wouldn't have happened last October: CLICK (...the part about my Brute being in pieces). Since the price for 989 was good, we sold crashed 910R and bought this.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Are the brake lines for the 1078, the same as the lines for the others??
I wonder this as I could buy the stock lines for my set up of radial calipers.
DO the fittings all look the same too? IF you could take a picture of the calipers (1078) showing the brake lines, I would be your best friend!! :yo: :yo:

no need to rush for the pics, I am just needing a reference to compare.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Josh, will take pics for you.

989 was around 13.500€, MSRP is much higher in my country, so we went to Italy( in Milano actually).

@frenaugo: haha, yeah, I suppose you should. Do you have bigger resolution pic?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
dude, that's great!

I like the orange, haven't seen one in person, for some reason they haven't got them here.

989.... Did I miss an edition? hmm. I suppose I haven't been paying enough attention lately, but would have thought I'd notice the bigger engine....

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
dude, that's great!

I like the orange, haven't seen one in person, for some reason they haven't got them here.

989.... Did I miss an edition? hmm. I suppose I haven't been paying enough attention lately, but would have thought I'd notice the bigger engine....
989R is actually a larger-displacement 910S; There is no more 910S or 910R, just 989R and 1078RR.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Motocorse footpegs for 1078:

MV corse complete tit exhaust:

It is really superbly made, those welds are incredible. Shame, I don't have a camera good enough, to take pics up close enough to see.
Father will ride it with stock ones sometime, than put this on, to see the difference.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
989R is actually a larger-displacement 910S; There is no more 910S or 910R, just 989R and 1078RR.

no kidding.... didn't realize there would be 2 displacements at the same time.... !
:brutale:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Thanks everyone. Josh, will take pics for you.

989 was around 13.500€, MSRP is much higher in my country, so we went to Italy( in Milano actually).

@frenaugo: haha, yeah, I suppose you should. Do you have bigger resolution pic?
Thanks for the pics!!! I think I can go the stock 1078 brake line route instead of having a custom set made!! :yo: Unless the custom set is cheaper than the stock set :nutkick:

Very nice bikes!!! Sounds like a close family as well :friday::heart:

:brutale:

:f4:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thats looks like real passion for Italian bikes....i have to say that i love the "pumpkin":mouthwate

Congrats and have a long wait.........i think it will be:bash:

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts