MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to our local Cars and Coffee meet that happens once a month a few miles from my house. Everyone is checking out the new Porsche 918 Spyder, then a $1.6 million La Ferrari shows up. The Lamborghini, McLaren, and other super cars are routinely there.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
The 918 looks odd in red.....all the photos I've seen had more traditional metallic colors.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
All you need is the P1 and you will have all three of the latest Hypercars . Still waiting to see a test against all three

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I know auto car did a test and ferrari pulled out the la ferrari from the test up against the porsche and P1. Dont know why so the auto car teat guys threw in a superleggerra in its place.

http://youtu.be/bfLqa4vlmFI

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here were are a few others

There are usually 300-400 cars or more that show up. Also had a Mosler and Noble.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Says the Aston Martin Pilot.
There are some serious car enthusiasts on this forum.
The kind of vehicles shown in this tread are typically at the cutting edge of technology and performance. These are the kind of vehicles that I know I'll never own even if I could afford one. The reason is that chasing the ultimate in performance is an ever shifting goal. These cars will have their moment in the sun and before long be less desirable as time passes. The new generation of performance vehicle will inevitably arrive and make these cars much less relevant. Please don't think I don't love the La Ferrari or P1 because they are incredibly beautiful to my eye. It's just that in 24 months there will be a variety of new cars that will knock these vehicles down the performance totem pole. I think it's always been this way.

There is another kind of car. A car that will become classic because of its timeless design without the requirement of ultimate performance. I think that's where manufacturers like Aston Martin exist. I'd rather have an Aston Martin DB5 than a Ferrari 458 much in the same way I'd rather have a Tamburini than a Ducati Pannigale.
Ciao,
Dave.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The kind of vehicles shown in this tread are typically at the cutting edge of technology and performance. These are the kind of vehicles that I know I'll never own even if I could afford one. The reason is that chasing the ultimate in performance is an ever shifting goal. These cars will have their moment in the sun and before long be less desirable as time passes. The new generation of performance vehicle will inevitably arrive and make these cars much less relevant. Please don't think I don't love the La Ferrari or P1 because they are incredibly beautiful to my eye. It's just that in 24 months there will be a variety of new cars that will knock these vehicles down the performance totem pole. I think it's always been this way.

There is another kind of car. A car that will become classic because of its timeless design without the requirement of ultimate performance. I think that's where manufacturers like Aston Martin exist. I'd rather have an Aston Martin DB5 than a Ferrari 458 much in the same way I'd rather have a Tamburini than a Ducati Pannigale.
Ciao,
Dave.
Agree 100%. What is in flavour today will be a different 1 in a couple of years time. You can't be happy if you always want the latest and greatest .

·
Registered
7,701 Posts

Ciao,
Dave.

Agree

I want to know what happens to exotic cars in their life cycle. I know the very rare will always be in a collection. What about the ones that do get driven. Do they make it down into the hands of normal incomes? Or after so many years do all of them go back up in value? Beyond what they were new?

·
Super Moderator
21,468 Posts
The expressed opinions are why I buy what appeals to me rather than what is on top of the heap at the moment. Sometimes the two are the same.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes, there will always be the next latest and greatest, it's just nice being able to drive right up the road to see these cars up close without having to go to an international auto show. It's better then most car shows I have been to. Not just supercars, but hotrods, modified jeeps/vets/camero/GTRs, etc.

·
Registered
482 Posts

Ciao,
Dave.
Well said.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts