1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
When? And Where? I Live In L.a.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Could always do a relaxed PCH ride up to malibu or something... who knows :)

Could pickup riders as we go northward from LA. Create stop&meet points along the way.

A few of us would probably be starting new Irvine... I suspect..

I'm waiting for registration and whatnot to be taken care of on my MV..but would love to join once that is done :drummer:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would keep the Malibu idea out of the loop, especially on the weekends. Too many squids, racers inspired from the antics on speed TV, and plenty of cops waiting to give you a ticket for any minor excuse.
Long beach, irvine is a good area. Huntington Beach, Newport have great breweries or meeting spots. Even the south bay (redondo, hermosa, manhattan) is a good idea. Or else the tried and tested Pro Italia before heading off to the Angeles Crest mountains. Now I rattled off too many ideas

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Ah, true. A good meeting point then would be nice then. Manhattan is nice, as are the other areas. It is i guess, also pretty central. Let's hope we can find a good time and get this going.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I actually like Malibu since it's close to so many riding spots, eating and drinking spots and.. well.. a great beach. The squids dont bother me and cops tend to favor italian bikes.. or so i've been told. All the other locations sound great too. There arent many places around PI for a night life if thats an interest whereas all the beach areas should have that. I guess i really didnt help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Perhaps we could do a "rolling meet?" Those of us from the southerly regions like Irvine and HB can meet in Long Beach for breakfast, then ride up towards Neptune's Net in Malibu for lunch, where we can stage the northern half of our meet.

I kinda like the idea of a phalanx of MVs rolling up the 405.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts