MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is certainly interesting news:

KTM Executives call MV Agusta motorcycles the iconic luxury Italian brand.
Exotic, luxury...whatever. We know they're special bikes.

Reactions: MacStrine

·
Registered
12 Posts
There could be a lot of upside from this. Who knows how many bikes MV makes globally? Looks like KTM is trying to sell 100 000 bikes in North America alone. MV sales would be a drop in the bucket for most kato dealers. But if it makes getting parts easier, that's good news

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
191 Posts
Well, this is certainly interesting news:

KTM Executives call MV Agusta motorcycles the iconic luxury Italian brand.
Exotic, luxury...whatever. We know they're special bikes.
Yeah....Exotic!! :(:mad::ROFLMAO:
But a motorcycle brand nowadays stays in business only if it sells!!!
And they don't...!!! Here in the States, it is a disaster...!!!
You see more Ferraris than Mvs.....It is sad.....
Unfortunately TODAY they are way TOO PRICEY!!! They are too expensive, out of the market !!!
Look at Triumph, Ktm and Ducati and learn....MV.....
And the exchange rate is 1 to 1 now....UNACCEPTABLE!!!
27K an F3RR? That is crazy...You buy a Panigale with much better stuff on.... A Tuono 1100 with OHLINS front and back and STYLEMA I think is around 20K.
Shitty suspensions and brakes unless you spend 40-45K on the 4 cylinders .....
You CAN"T mount Brake calipers from 2013 on a 2022 Dragster priced at more than 20K!!!! IT IS A FU$%ING INSULT !!!!!
I sometimes think they are joking and seems they don't want to sell bikes and insult whomever is in the market.
Mathematically a bike is :
ENGINE+FRAME+SUSPENSIONS+BRAKES...AND TODAY ELECTRONICS =MOTORCYCLE.
MV is weak on ALL of them!! And people know.
They are busy selling tacky E-bikes and pricey t-shirts instead of concentrating on improving OEM components, after sales and improving reliability.
I am an MV lover and currently own 2 bikes (1 BLEW OFF....before). I love them!!! But I bought them at great prices... 15k each, basically 5k off... and with the rest of the money improved suspensions brakes and other stuff.
Now they are great bikes!!! Not out of the door.....And at 15k I am ok with it....
Not at 20-25k...Superveloces at 25k and the S at 30K with Cheapo Marzocchi, Sachs and old brake calipers and prehistoric pumps???
The Russian IS REALLY OUT OF TOUCH....
My apologies if I went off topic.
I don't get it...Cheers Everyone

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
191 Posts
There could be a lot of upside from this. Who knows how many bikes MV makes globally? Looks like KTM is trying to sell 100 000 bikes in North America alone. MV sales would be a drop in the bucket for most kato dealers. But if it makes getting parts easier, that's good news
Mmmm..... I know....2500 Makes.... Sell....
That's a different story....
Here in the States the few you see they stay at the dealership for months....Crazy priced...and if you are lucky you get them on sale the years after...:p:eek:

·
Registered
786 Posts
I see MV selling in like 5 KTM dealers all in California

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here we go again… it’s Musical Chair game time. Everyone will better understand when revisiting the following link: MV USA

I don’t know if I should be happy or sad, or perhaps a mix of both - “haad”?! Hey, there you have it… a new word to describe this situation.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Here we go again… it’s Musical Chair game time. Everyone will better understand when revisiting the following link: MV USA

I don’t know if I should be happy or sad, or perhaps a mix of both - “haad”?! Hey, there you have it… a new word to describe this situation.
Thank you, agree completely. Constant reorganization is the nemesis of quality and progress.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Constant reorganization is the nemesis of quality and progress.
Not actually a reorganization....more of a recognition that they need a better more extensive marketing organization in the North American market then they can afford alone.

Reactions: lucydad

·
Registered
967 Posts
I think is a great way for MV Agusta to be more available, to more buyers. I had always thought they should have struck a deal with Alfa Romeo and Maserati, but this seems very good.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Not actually a reorganization....more of a recognition that they need a better more extensive marketing organization in the North American market then they can afford alone.
Perhaps. Or is this a prelude to KTM buying MV? Who knows. Anyway it is too hot here on the Gulf Coast of TEXAS to ride. And a hurricane is projected to enter the Gulf of Mexico. Guess I will take a nap after lunch.

·
Registered
190 Posts
@esq'z me, perhaps it isn’t a “reorganization“. However, what stuck out to me, and is the reason for my previous post, is the following statement, ‘KTM AG says it “will create a dedicated US-based legal entity, which will be in charge of all MV Agusta operations in North America.”’

What I glean from the above is the remark, “will be in charge of all”, hence why my comment of another round of Musical Chairs. My take from the aforementioned statement is, either MV USA or MV NA leadership will change, and if it does, this will make it the 7th or 8th time in the past 8 years. Ouch!

I like many want MV to succeed in NA and am optimistic partnering with KTM will help. If this experiment doesn’t work, then there is something bigger at play, and whatever that is needs to be figured out so the NA market is stable. And not just with the sale of a new MV… also needs to be after-sales service for all MY MV’s, accessibility to apparel, upgraded parts (MV Corse), etc., etc.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@MVArt .... yes, MV USA will certainly be reorganized, or more likely disbanded. I hope the guys who work for them that I have met will still have a job, but who knows???

Reactions: MVArt

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it not the case that KTM's role is in addition to existing and potential future MV dealers?
Yes. As I understand it, KTM USA will be giving logistical infrastructure for sales and support of MV product…. Not joining of the 2 brands.

·
Registered
967 Posts
There were a few reasons why I did not buy a new Brutale and instead bought the Triumph, one of the most problematic issues in my area is the one and only dealership.
They are also a KTM dealer, so I don't see much change there, however there is a KTM dealership on the south shore near Boston in Plymouth that is a very good dealership. If they pick up the MV Agusta brand that will make a huge difference. I am not the only person who dislikes the only current MV dealership and I don't believe I am the only one who considered that when deciding whether or not to buy an MV. I think competition is a good thing and perhaps the lack luster MV dealerships might pick it up a notch or two.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts