MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if the KTM is still racing this weekend at Valencia I will be watching it as closely as possible.
if I recall Valencia is a midsize track. Thinking the KTM and the Aprilia might be running wheel to wheel this weekend. The Aprilia winning through the corners and the KTM passing the Aprilia down the straits.
If the KTM is faster down the straits than the Suzuki right out of the box It will be a big embarrassment for Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Well if the KTM is still racing this weekend at Valencia I will be watching it as closely as possible.
if I recall Valencia is a midsize track. Thinking the KTM and the Aprilia might be running wheel to wheel this weekend. The Aprilia winning through the corners and the KTM passing the Aprilia down the straits.
If the KTM is faster down the straits than the Suzuki right out of the box It will be a big embarrassment for Suzuki.
I am also really curious about the performance of the KTM this weekend.
Jake (Paul?) watch the Michelin Press Conference if you have access:

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2016/11/10/recap-michelin-press-conference/215525

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
NESCA I'm from USA I'm lucky if I get coverage of WSS(get coverage off wss 2-3 ties a year . Get MotoGP and WSBK)
I was just looking on Performance Bike Magazine Forum where editors from , MotoMatters, MSN,asphalt& rubber hang out. They where discussing if Trellis Chassis frame could still be competitive .
IRONICALLY one guy post pic ....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Said Trellis Chassis Must Still Be Competitive Because The Mvf4 Is The Best Handling Bike In Wsbk Kropotkin Thinks Editor Of Motomatters.com
after I SELL PROPERTY I WONT HAVE THE SELF RESTRAINT TO PASS BY THE MVF4

Dons the Suzuki seemed to be gaining ground by leaps and bounds... then...seemed like someone left the emergency brake on .

BTW Performance bikes magazine... good publication. the website forum? ODD pages and pages on Trump /Clinton election ?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
NESCA I'm from USA I'm lucky if I get coverage of WSS(get coverage off wss 2-3 ties a year . Get MotoGP and WSBK)
I was just looking on Performance Bike Magazine Forum where editors from , MotoMatters, MSN,asphalt& rubber hang out. They where discussing if Trellis Chassis frame could still be competitive .
IRONICALLY one guy post pic ....
Dorna does not offer video pass in USA? I remember watching MotoGP while in Berkeley California, but it was through a friends subscription package(lots of sports). I can not recall exactly what it was.

I will go and check the forum.
KTM races with Mika Kallio during the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
NESCA on PBM forum they said Valencia testing on monday was on Spanish TV .
Some said Lorenzo could race the Ducati on SundAYS RACE? But isn't he still under contract with Yamaha?

NESCA if you ever move to Alaska we are all going to run cable to your igloo so we can still get your pis lol.
Thanks again nesca

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ironically Suzuki(schwantz time) was always down on power. When KTM got into Motogp selling V-4 engines (990s) they where known for having powerfull engines . Now Both amnufactures are back and it looks like the same situation is happening again .

Hell I still cant understand how Illmore or other F1 teams with there enormous (like 10 times) budgets cant tap into there tech and develop a Motogp bike that blows all the current Motogp bikes away.

Number 2 I live outside phila. same situation bein covers both MotoGP Moto2 Moto3 (only MotoGP at beginning of this season ) and Got WSBK but only 2-3 races aired in WSS this year . Same for you ?

NESCA IMHO Michelin had it tough this year being it was there 1st year AND having to deal with so many rain/patchy rain races. I cant remember so many rain races since??? 1986???

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
NESCA on PBM forum they said Valencia testing on monday was on Spanish TV .
Some said Lorenzo could race the Ducati on SundAYS RACE? But isn't he still under contract with Yamaha?

NESCA if you ever move to Alaska we are all going to run cable to your igloo so we can still get your pis lol.
Thanks again nesca
Jake in Spain GP coverage is on a different level.
Lorenzo can not even properly test for Ducati, only 2 days in Valencia and then at the end of January in Sepang. Race? Are they on drugs?
Gigi knows well the riding style of Lorenzo from the Aprilia days, so they say the bike will be adjusted accordingly beforehand.

Alaska would do me good right now Jake.:D
It is a shame that I can not post personal stuff(legalities...).
The photos are a small contribution. This forum is what it is because of the technical stuff/support and background (hard)work of some very knowledgeable members.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ironically Suzuki(schwantz time) was always down on power. When KTM got into Motogp selling V-4 engines (990s) they where known for having powerfull engines . Now Both amnufactures are back and it looks like the same situation is happening again .

Hell I still cant understand how Illmore or other F1 teams with there enormous (like 10 times) budgets cant tap into there tech and develop a Motogp bike that blows all the current Motogp bikes away.

Number 2 I live outside phila. same situation bein covers both MotoGP Moto2 Moto3 (only MotoGP at beginning of this season ) and Got WSBK but only 2-3 races aired in WSS this year . Same for you ?

NESCA IMHO Michelin had it tough this year being it was there 1st year AND having to deal with so many rain/patchy rain races. I cant remember so many rain races since??? 1986???
Ilmore tried and failed. Here is their X3 MotoGP bike and 800cc V4 engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yes. And do not forget the electronics. The leveling(approximately) of the field along with different bike characteristics and rider styles, indirectly created additional complexity for the tires/manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
NESCA yes you are correct .A lot of people think Michelin dropped the ball. IMHO Michelin is on of if not the best tire company in the world . Michelin just had a rough road to hoe this year .

Vapor IMHO it didn't do bad. It was its first year it was an 880 running against 990s (yet was still fast)
They ran out of money , but if it had run against other 880s and had a full season of development I would bet it could have been a force to be dealt with if given the chance to get project in gear

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Awesome pictures, thanks Matthew.

Please remember to NOT post any spoilers in this thread boys, keep results and qualifying in a specific thread that someone can start out side of this, it's a very important weekend on many levels for many riders and teams.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts

Yes same broadcast here. Only a couple of WSS races.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Swiss, The ILLMORE 880s power band was like a light switch. Not surprising when your getting the power of a factory 990cc bike from a 880cc V-4. I always wondered why they didn't detune it to broaden powerband .
I guess they where more concerned about the next year. I read they had sponsorship for the next year but the sponsor pulled out at the last moment. Being MotoGP gets roughly 80% of the viewers/fans that f1 does,yet it costs only 10% of the cost to run.. Therefore you would think that during bad economic times
Sponsors would leave F1 and go to MotoGP. Even in good economic times MotoGP advertising costs are so much less you would think F1 would have a VERY tough time securing Sponsors. A top MotoGP team costs roughly 30 million a year to sponsor . To sponsor a top F1 team costs roughly 300 million.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And yes, The KTM is a good looking machine .KTM Specs say its wheelbase is 30mm shorter. IMHO the whole bike looks smaller than there competitors bikes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts