MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK., so the moment I spotted these wheels in the thread...http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71857...I decided I'd love them for my Brutale 1078rr.

Well I've tracked down a company I've dealt with before who can supply them to me.

They are 'custom built' to your own specifications...(well actually 'you' choose the colour of the rims..,hubs..,spokes..,and nipples.

There are certain 'optional' colours of the various components that have a supplementary charge...,however that wouldn't apply to me as I'm pretty sure of what I want.

Here are the options....
-----------------------------------------------------

KINEO - Classic Beauty with Modern Dynamic Performance and Safety Combined
Supplied complete and ready to install, the unique and proven Kineo system enables the "Classic Spoked Look" to be truly available for your bike... but with all the dynamic handling and safety benefits provided by the most modern tubeless tyres. They are also fully compatible with tubed-type off road tyres too.

RIM
Produced from 7000 grade Aluminium using a new and unique process, the one-piece - and completely airtight - Kineo rim is precisely CNC machined, carefully coated in its durable finish and then finally has its Aluminium valve inserted.

5 Rim Colours available (all Powder Coated - except Silver, see below)
Black Glossy, Black Matt, White Matt, Anthracite Matt (Dark Grey)
Silver Glossy/Shine (polished Aluminium with clear protective coating)
Special rim colours are also available with a supplementary charge - please contact HPS with your request for a quote

HUB
To provide optimal distribution of the material's grain - for the maximum strength essential at the heart of the wheel - the 7000 Aluminium alloy Kineo hub blank is initially forged to a shape similar to the final finished item. After precision CNC machining it is then coated with its attractive, corrosion resistant anodised finish. Bearings are protected by supplementary external oil seals and external spacers are CNC machined and coated with hard anodised finish.

5 Standard Hub colours available (all anodised)
Black Glossy, Black Matt, Silver Matt, Shine silver (as per rim),
7 Special hub colours available for a supplementary charge
Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Orange, Magnesium/Bronze, Titanium (darker "Bluey" Grey)

SPOKES
The double swaged 5/4mm spokes are produced by turning from a drawn high-resistance bar and galvanised for corrosion resistance. The 28 front and 32 rear spokes are perfectly rectilinear and tensioned at the hub with a normal Hexagonal Allen key/wrench. If ever required, individual spokes are easily accessible for replacement without disassembling the wheel or even removing its tyre.

Spoke Colours available
Silver is standard colour
Black Special spoke colour available for a supplementary charge

SPOKE NIPPLES
The Light Alloy Spoke Nipple design is one of the most significant innovations within the Kineo wheel. Nipples are inserted externally on the rim in a transverse orientation (i.e., parallel to the wheel axis) and require no holes through the rim at all for absolutely guaranteed tyre sealing integrity.

9 Nipple colours available (all anodised)
Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Orange, Magnesium/Bronze, Titanium (darker "Bluey" Grey)

BRAKES
The Kineo hub and bespoke brake disc carrier system (one or two for the front wheel and a single carrier for the rear) enables straightforward installation the original stock/OE (or OE compatible aftermarket) brake discs with no modifications required and ABS sensors are also installed as originally designed. Brake disc carrier components are supplied in a Black anodised finish.

For some applications, special specific bolts, nuts and washers are supplied for standard/OE braking discs installation.

CUSH DRIVE & SPROCKET CARRIER
Kineo wheels are supplied with a specific 8-pin Cush Drive which is completely external to the rear wheel hub. This feature is entirely independent of the wheel and has its own a double-row bearing to support the radial load induced by the chain to supplement the wheel's two integral bearings. Cush Drive and Sprocket Carrier components are supplied in a Black anodised finish.

REAR SPROCKET
Produced from light but durable 7075T6 Aluminium - hard anodised to 40 microns - a Kineo rear sprocket is included with your wheels in your choice of size.

Sprockets available are:
520 series/pitch 38 to 48 teeth
525 series/pitch 36 to 48 teeth
530 series/pitch 36 to 44 teeth

COLOUR COMBINATION SUMMARY
RIM (all powder coated - except Silver, see below)
Black Glossy (K)
Black matt (C)
White Matt (W)
Anthracite Matt / Dark Grey (Y)
Silver Gloss shine - polished Aluminium with clear protective coating (V)
Special rim colours also available with a supplementary charge - please contact HPS with your request for a quote

HUB (all Anodised)
Matt Black (C)
Gloss Black (K)
Shine silver - as per rim (V)
Matt sliver (S)

Special Hub Colours £60+VAT/£72 inc. VAT per hub
Red (R)
Blue (B)
Green (N)
Gold (G)
Orange (O)
Magnesium/Bronze (M)
Titanium - darker "Bluey" Grey (T)

NIPPLES (9 colours - all Anodised)
Black (K)
Silver (S)
Red (R)
Blue (B)
Green (N)
Gold (G)
Orange (O)
Titanium - darker "Bluey" Grey (T)

SPOKES
Silver (S)
Black (B)

Ordering Sequence for Colour Codes
RIM
HUB
NIPPLES
SPOKES

KINEO wheels are produced entirely in Italy and protected by an international patent and fully TUV approved/legal for street/road use.
And here are some photos...https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kineo+wheels&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8S7DUtPGF-XK0QWHtoGYDw&ved=0CDgQsAQ ...................Although I'm pretty much set on silver rims.,spokes and hubs with gold nipples....(although I really do fancy gold rims!) .....I've only a couple of days left until Friday the last day of December to qualify for their 'Winter discount' though!:ahhh:
Brian:)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian, I'm surprised at you - just make them yourself, :)
:laughing::laughing: I know my limitations!!. However I haven't decided if I'm gonna bother as they are quite expensive and a bit of a gamble as to what they'd actually look like on a Brutale 1078rr.., as perhaps the wire spoke wheels are more suited to a 'cafe racer' or retro bike?. Just can't make my mind up...,and if in doubt???

Brian:).

·
Registered
606 Posts
Brian,
what about golden rim & hub like this one but black spokes?

Would be somewhat in the traditional MV colour scheme but also different.
Jochen

·
Registered
606 Posts
even more extra?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian,
what about golden rim & hub like this one but black spokes?

Would be somewhat in the traditional MV colour scheme but also different.
Jochen
I really do like the Gold rims Jochen...and think the wheels look great with........ (silver spokes and hubs...gold rims and gold spoke nipples).
Either that or everything silver.

I'd not go for black rims etc as my wheels are already black and I want something to 'brighten' that area of the bike.

I've only tomorrow (Friday 3rd) to make up my mind or forget about it as the price goes up after that (the winter discount is finished).

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Brian;
total PASS

CNC'd rim from 7000 series?.....basically not weldable aluminum
I used to make dirt bike rims out of 6061

galvanized spokes?

really? not stainless?

I'll keep my forged Mg and aluminum Marchesinis thank you very much

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
:laughing::laughing: I know my limitations!!. However I haven't decided if I'm gonna bother as they are quite expensive and a bit of a gamble as to what they'd actually look like on a Brutale 1078rr.., as perhaps the wire spoke wheels are more suited to a 'cafe racer' or retro bike?. Just can't make my mind up...,and if in doubt???

Brian:).
I recon they'd look something like this?
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1388740862.701386.jpg

·
Registered
606 Posts
Brian,

did you open your wallet and let fly out all these notes ?

Just curious what I will have to expect here ;) .

Jochen

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian,

did you open your wallet and let fly out all these notes ?

Just curious what I will have to expect here ;) .

Jochen
:laughing:No Jochen...in the end (for the present time) I decided to pass on them.
I must have changed my mind at least 6 times and this morning I was convinced I was going to buy them...,then when I considered that I could buy a motorcycle to tinker with for the price of these wheels I just ''let them go''.
Did I do the right thing??

I must admit though I'd really have liked to see them on my bike!

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
:laughing:No Jochen...in the end (for the present time) I decided to pass on them.
I must have changed my mind at least 6 times and this morning I was convinced I was going to buy them...,then when I considered that I could buy a motorcycle to tinker with for the price of these wheels I just ''let them go''.
Did I do the right thing??

I must admit though I'd really have liked to see them on my bike!

Brian they are nice but it's kinda like going back to the " Stone age" :jsm:

I had a look at the back of the shed the other day and under a dusty old cover I found this bike. Once I blew away the cobwebs and dust of ages I could see this concours Laverda which had been specially preserved all waiting for me to just put fresh fuel in and ride away on.

I wish ! :naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Here's a few pics from when I first got my MV and my wife paid for me to have some pics done with my dad for a farthers day present .

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
These are not so Stone-Age. These are tubeless design cutting edge spoked wheels. No tubes. Now, tubes would make them stone-aged.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These are not so Stone-Age. These are tubeless design cutting edge spoked wheels. No tubes. Now, tubes would make them stone-aged.
Couple more shots Chuck...,and yeah.,'tubless':mouthwate

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts