MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again, after 2 weeks in the shop for a different issue which was repaired.
I went for a ride yesterday, came home and washed my bike then rode it to work today.
I arrived to find that the key no longer turns the bike off and I had to use the kill switch.
The key was off and the dash still lit up and the bike still started without the key in the ignition.

What could have gone wrong now, this is the first time I have washed my bike since I bought it 1800 ks ago. Please don't tell me MVs have a thing when it comes to water.

I am always careful not to have the hose on too hard and not to sray around the dash much....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
spray it with WD40 then get in bed with it tongiht and give it a cuddle to say sorry. she will be ok in the morning

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I sprayed a small amount of WD into the ignition switch and wedged a piece of cardboard into the switch to open it up and help with evaporation.
Will try it tomorrow, hopefully all will be well. Thanx for the advice guys

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it has been 48 hours since I washed my bike and the problem still exists...,
So back to the shop it goes tomorrow

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Check your starter solenoid connector for shorts. Mine did the same during it's meltdown at that point. Turned the key off and it was completely ineffective. Just pull the connector, check the wires for melting or shorts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Reckler
Thanks for the input
The bike is new to me so still learning my way around it.
Are you able to tell me where I will find the Starter Solenoid connector on a 2013 model

Clay

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Not sure on the F4, might want to check Dons' manuals. Under the seat on the Brutales. Should be close to the battery. Follow the positive battery cable and it should lead you to it.

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts
Air gun and check every electrical connection.Also check all fuses are OK.In the future try not to clean the bike with water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts