MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I am new to this forum but had the Brutale for nearly 3 years now. Anyway with the discussions about Jackets on here I thought I would post a pic of mine. It is Kevlar made to measure with Knox protection. I also have some kevlar zip on trousers as well. THe pic is not me but it is my bike and jacket.

Attachments

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Welcome, nice bike and jacket, very nice desgn, did they design it for you?

Fazer6, leather is still more protective IMHO, I am not sure about this kevlar jacket but most of synthetic material will melt when it is exposed to high heat, i.e. high speed slide, hot exhaust pipes...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
odonata said:
Welcome, nice bike and jacket, very nice desgn, did they design it for you?

Fazer6, leather is still more protective IMHO, I am not sure about this kevlar jacket but most of synthetic material will melt when it is exposed to high heat, i.e. high speed slide, hot exhaust pipes...
I agree, and i wouldn't use it at the track, but it's currently in the 100-teens F here, and even perforated leather becomes unbearable in traffic.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi John, welcome to the site. Nice looking Jacket, how much did it cost you and to echo fazer6 where did you get it from? :)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI All

Thanks for the warm welcome. I used to race sidecars where Kevlar suits were allowed (and FIM approved). We had a few crashes but the suits stood up quite well needing just a few patches. SO when I got the MV I decided to go to the same people who made our racing suits and get a road going one. I got it about 2 years ago so it is difficult to remember the exact amount but it was something in the order of $1000 to $1500 with the knox body armour and the zip on (sign written Brutale down each leg) trousers. Leather suits can be this much easily. The suit was made to measure to my design (although I mainly copied the MV racing leathers). Kevlar is stretchy so the fit is not baggy like leather and I would not say it is cool but it is much cooler than leather. Water goes straight through.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
John348,
Where did you get the jacket from? Nice custom job.
Living in Taiwan where in the summer it gets up to the high 30's - leather are really just way too hot.
Did some research and ordered a 2 pc set from http://www.motoport.com
I have not had the chance to test its safety. But one thing I can say is that is is really much cooler and lighter to wear!
tim

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
twnf4 said:
John348,
Where did you get the jacket from? Nice custom job.
Living in Taiwan where in the summer it gets up to the high 30's - leather are really just way too hot.
Did some research and ordered a 2 pc set from http://www.motoport.com
I have not had the chance to test its safety. But one thing I can say is that is is really much cooler and lighter to wear!
tim
welcome twnf4, and congrats on the new bike! nice to have you here. it must be unbearable to ride that bike in the traffic over there! especially in the humid heat now.

Are you in Taipei?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When we were racing we used to go straight to the kevlar suit factory called GTS in Telford here in the UK. When we used to crash they would also patch up the kevlars. The first time we crashed and were wearing Kevlar was at Snetterton. We were in the lead when we spun the outfit 180deg. After travelling some way backwards it flipped end over end with both of us underneath and ended up in the gravel. We ended up with just a few scuff marks and 0ne very small wear hole. I would estimate this was a 100MPH crash.

When I got the 2 piece suit done for the MV I went to one of their distributors in Redditch as he also had an F4 so new what I was on about. But the suit was shipped to me directly from GTS.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everybody.
Yes I am out here in Taipei.
Yup Jamie has the Tamb, Ago and a Corse.
I have a mat blk F4 1000 and a Brutale R on order.
It is getting hot. But it is the rainny season so ......
So where did you get the Kevlar Jacket John?
Timothy

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
High timothy! Glad to see some posting from you on the forum. Your matte black F4 1000 looks splendid from your crate picture! Keep us updated on the Brutale R

1 - 17 of 17 Posts