I love it......

hats off to the young lady :drummer::drummer::drummer:

I've done it a few times but usually they are in moving traffic

thanks John

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Love it, Liesl showed me this just the other day. We where driving the car a few years back with a couple of the kids mates coming along, one of the kids friends opened a window and popped his leftover Kentucky out the window. I turned around, made him pick it up, and every single piece of rubbish next to the road from there right up to our neighbourhood.
We still stop on the beach, and pick up shit left behind by others, my kids, even though they are teenagers now, know the drill.

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
trash

cus;

I have an open trash can at the end of the alley 2" from the

sidewalk.......assholes put trash on the wall 2' away or throw it on the

ground.....instead of using the trash can

people are fucking pigs

now, you want to talk about dog owner's manners?????

how about you have your dog shit and piss on YOUR property instead of

mine???????

every 2 weeks I can spend 30 minutes with a shovel cleaning my lot......my neighbor Mary across the street bought a poop scoop because she is down wind

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Fifteen years ago, Jackie and I adopted one mile of our road, via a county beautification program. We, along with a couple of our neighbors, pick up the trash once or twice a week.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I recall, shortly after meeting Randy for the first time at Bubba 2 in 2010, that we drove along the road outside Randy & Jackie's beautiful property and as we darted along, chatting and getting to know each other in person while picking up rubbish from the side of the road.

A very vivid memory of a person who has become a wonderful friend.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Totally empathize with the sentiment.

The flip side...

I live in a beautiful county..It is commonplace to drive down a country lane and spot a van load of garbage dumped in a secluded spot..at the side of the road, in a ditch or a field gate..beds , old tyres fridges etc ..You get the picture ..

The first reaction is to this is to think what kind of reprobate does this ?

Then go a bit deeper. Back in the day I used to be able to drive to the local tip and dump large items by putting them on my pick up. I have to use a van or a pick up as you can't get an arm chair in the back of a car.
Then the authorities in their infinite wisdom introduced some red tape. A pass was required to enter the tip in a commercial vehicle. This involved a 2 week wait and then the pass lasted for 12 trips to the tip over however long you wanted to take.So you could use your 12 trips over say 2 years .

Then they tightened it up a bit more. Now you have to apply for a pass each year as they expire every 12 months. Great.
Then they tightened it up a bit more and now you can't visit the tip in a long wheel base van or if it exceeds 6ft 6in or something in height.
I am a firm believer than an anti-social behaviour order should be issued to the Authorities and the jobs worths on these sites who directly encourage fly tipping.

Last week I needed to dump a few cubic yards of wood waste..Old kitchen chairs etc...It cost me £ 80.00
to have it done by a rubbish removal firm.
Now there are alot of folk that don't have £ 80.00 spare to dump rubbish.If it had been a full van load it would have been closer to £ 300.00 .

So why do the authorities make it so hard to legitimately dump waste ? And yes we actually pay for this service in our local taxes...

What do you think some people are going to do ?

rant over..but it makes me mad as heck..

joe

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Come to my workplace and look at the lot on any Wednesday. Why Wednesday? I do not have the parking lot cleaned on Tuesday night. If under my control I would. Trash is everywhere from just one day. So yes people are pigs.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Totally empathize with the sentiment.

The flip side...

I live in a beautiful county..It is commonplace to drive down a country lane and spot a van load of garbage dumped in a secluded spot..at the side of the road, in a ditch or a field gate..beds , old tyres fridges etc ..You get the picture ..

The first reaction is to this is to think what kind of reprobate does this ?

Then go a bit deeper. Back in the day I used to be able to drive to the local tip and dump large items by putting them on my pick up. I have to use a van or a pick up as you can't get an arm chair in the back of a car.
Then the authorities in their infinite wisdom introduced some red tape. A pass was required to enter the tip in a commercial vehicle. This involved a 2 week wait and then the pass lasted for 12 trips to the tip over however long you wanted to take.So you could use your 12 trips over say 2 years .

Then they tightened it up a bit more. Now you have to apply for a pass each year as they expire every 12 months. Great.
Then they tightened it up a bit more and now you can't visit the tip in a long wheel base van or if it exceeds 6ft 6in or something in height.
I am a firm believer than an anti-social behaviour order should be issued to the Authorities and the jobs worths on these sites who directly encourage fly tipping.

Last week I needed to dump a few cubic yards of wood waste..Old kitchen chairs etc...It cost me £ 80.00
to have it done by a rubbish removal firm.
Now there are alot of folk that don't have £ 80.00 spare to dump rubbish.If it had been a full van load it would have been closer to £ 300.00 .

So why do the authorities make it so hard to legitimately dump waste ? And yes we actually pay for this service in our local taxes...

What do you think some people are going to do ?

rant over..but it makes me mad as heck..

joe
Same here to it cost £25 a time to go to the tip and if you don't have a permit they have bruisers wearing cameras who tell you to get lost.My friend got a permit to take an old settee up but when he turned up a bruiser said he couldn't go in because his wifes name was on the permit wtf he nearly lost it, so the next day his wife went up and went in to the place where you dump the furniture and sat there until the bruiser came over and asked her why she was waiting holding the line up, I can't lift the settee it's to heavy and my husband was refused yesterday cue bruiser and his mate had to throw settee into tip.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Fly tipping is inevitable with the charging policy of most council refuse sites. At ours player oard costs more to tip than to buy. Rubble/ceramic tiles/porcelain etc is £2 er small bag, £60 for a small trailer. They won't take soil. They won't take vehicle parts. They limit the amount of flourescent tubes you can tip. You can tip 6 car tyres per year at £2 each, you can tip car wheels for free. You cannot tip wheels with tyres still fitted.

Stupid signs and stickers on cars bug me, blocking the field of view. One of the worst is "baby on board" so what? Does this mean we have to give a wider berth because their cargo is so precious? A friend of mine found out the real answer one day - riding along on his bike one day, minding his own business, following a people carrier with one of said stickers in the rear window, he was suddenly struck by a white heavy object - they'd thrown a dirty disposable nappy (diaper for non UK residents) out of the window!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Joe, we live about four miles from our county landfill. As I stated earlier, Jackie and I have adopted our street for trash pickup. I haul our trash to the landfill in my pickup, or occasionally in my old dump truck. As we head to the landfill, I'll stop three/four times in route and pick up tires, furniture, trash bags, etc. from the road in route (it is not an adopted road).

As a county resident, my first 2000 lbs. of refuse is FREE. Thereafter, it's a few dollars per ton. I've loaded my dump truck with 10,000 lbs. of construction debris and it's only cost me $50 or so. Commercial waste haulers pay from the first ton, but residents are essentially free. Additionally, our land fill offers extensive recycling services taking waste oil, tires, batteries, cardboard, newspaper, plastic, aluminum, etc.......even trees, etc that are mulched on site. Said mulch is sold as a combustible fuel source.

There is a limit on tires, but since my landfill manager knows of our road adoption, and general pickup efforts, I'm allowed to bring all the tires I can load.....which is often several. We're happy to help in a small way to keep our roads cleaner, and the county appreciates the efforts. Two or three times per year, there are organized collective cleanup efforts sponsored by the county.

Finally, our big lake (Allatoona) is taken down about 15 feet every winter in anticipation of Spring rains. At that time, we also have a huge lake clean up effort that draws thousands of volunteers picking up tons of garbage and general debris.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Joe, we live about four miles from our county landfill. As I stated earlier, Jackie and I have adopted our street for trash pickup. I haul our trash to the landfill in my pickup, or occasionally in my old dump truck. As we head to the landfill, I'll stop three/four times in route and pick up tires, furniture, trash bags, etc. from the road in route (it is not an adopted road).

As a county resident, my first 2000 lbs. of refuse is FREE. Thereafter, it's a few dollars per ton. I've loaded my dump truck with 10,000 lbs. of construction debris and it's only cost me $50 or so. Commercial waste haulers pay from the first ton, but residents are essentially free. Additionally, our land fill offers extensive recycling services taking waste oil, tires, batteries, cardboard, newspaper, plastic, aluminum, etc.......even trees, etc that are mulched on site. Said mulch is sold as a combustible fuel source.

There is a limit on tires, but since my landfill manager knows of our road adoption, and general pickup efforts, I'm allowed to bring all the tires I can load.....which is often several. We're happy to help in a small way to keep our roads cleaner, and the county appreciates the efforts. Two or three times per year, there are organized collective cleanup efforts sponsored by the county.

Finally, our big lake (Allatoona) is taken down about 15 feet every winter in anticipation of Spring rains. At that time, we also have a huge lake clean up effort that draws thousands of volunteers picking up tons of garbage and general debris.
You are a good guy Randy and I like your " lets move it" philosophy..Refreshing to hear ...:yo:

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts