MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps events like this gave rise to the expression Holy Mackerel.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Like Stever Irwin years ago getting pierced by a stingray! Yikes. Can't well all just get along? 🤷‍♂️--Don't answer that!

·
Registered
490 Posts
About time too! The fish are fighting back!!!

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Where the hell is "striya"
I know it's hard for some of you
But it is an English language Forum
What you speak at the local pub is fine there

·
Old Wing Nut
21,954 Posts
It's Ozzie English Noel..... nothing odd there, just a different accent than you have in California.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's Ozzie English Noel..... nothing odd there, just a different accent than you have in California.
Bloody two headed Tasmanian's!

Here in the West it's Stralya, not 'striya

No wonder our American cousin's can't understand what you are sayin.

(bit like America I guess; folk in Tassie have a different accent from those in the West. Either that or Esq'z me got it wrong and Tasweigens are indeed a bit odd?)

Merry Christmas to all (especially @MacStrine ;)) from sunny West'n Stralya (40°C expected in Perth today and 37°C forecast for Xmas Day! Ah the joys of Xmas Day spent at the beach)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not English Ed
It's not an accent, its jibberish
Bloody two headed Tasmanian's!

Here in the West it's Stralya, not 'striya No wonder our American cousin's can't understand what you are sayin.
(bit like America I guess; folk in Tassie have a different accent from those in the West. Either that or Esq'z me got it wrong and Tasweigens are indeed a bit odd?)

Merry Christmas to all (especially @MacStrine ;)) from sunny West'n Stralya (40°C expected in Perth today and 37°C forecast for Xmas Day! Ah the joys of Xmas Day spent at the beach)
Noel, first of all the word is gibberish, not jibberish, and it is Aussie gibberish, which is a nice change from all the yank gibberish that we are drenched in daily, like 'whisperer,' citizen science, and 'changing out' instead of changing, and does not affect the overall intent or understanding of the thread.

Perth, summers in Tassie are a doddle, but a bit cold to go to the beach. Have a good 'un cobber.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Where the hell is "striya"
I know it's hard for some of you
But it is an English language Forum
What you speak at the local pub is fine there
That’s the funniest thing I have heard all day, especially coming from a yank!

Reactions: esq'z me
1 - 11 of 11 Posts