1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Its a really weird story...

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts

As Woody Allen would say " It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham"..

The problem with this trial is the prosecution council screwed up the case, which allowed Pistorius to get away with murder..

You can add this case to the one of OJ Simpson 20 years ago, as a cock up of Justice.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Primary issues is procedure. They went for murder but there it must be premeditated. They couldn't prove that given the recent texts, visit etc. So they did the manslaughter route, which is to say his moronic behavior led to the killing.

What he was convicted of is legally correct, so its up to the sentencing rules to sort it out. It had nothing to do with wealth, he isn't that rich anyway. Famous doesn't automatically mean rich.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I heard they were arguing about remodeling the house. He wanted a new bathroom door, she was dead against it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Who knows, maybe they'll be hard and take the legs out from under him.

Enough money just confuses the issue enough for doubt to keep them out of jail. At least he's getting time, unlike OJ who walked away.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Mike ... I agree with what you're trying to highlight, but 10 months imprisonment in exchange for a life!.. In my opinion the punishment doesn’t fit the crime in this instance.

Let’s just say we believe Oscar story of events and there was a burglar in his bathroom.. First the door was locked (why would a burglar lock himself behind the bathroom door ?... Was he trying to steal the toothpaste and needed getaway time ?) … and secondly, Oscar deliberately fired off is gun with the intention to kill whoever was behind that locked door…

So we’re back to the question, how much is a human life worth when it comes to weighing up sentencing in a manslaughter case ?

History is littered with miscarriage of justice.. Here in the UK I can think of several.. Derek Bentley, Birmingham Six, Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven, but in this case there instant any doubt who shot who..

Yes, the verdict of manslaughter in this case is correct, but in my opinion the punishment doesn’t fit the crime.

I think Oscar lost his temper and shot at his bathroom door in frustration without first thinking of the possible consequences. Everything after that is bullshit.

He’s got a history of hot headed reactions, gun incidences and a belief of over self importance.

He fell out of favour in my opinion when he lost fair and square at the last Olympics and accused the winner of cheating by protesting that the winner had an advantage in the carbon legs he used… Poor sportsmanship!.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Greed and full of self importance ,Nothing but a Killer with a demented mind , the boys will get him in prison.

As for the legal system,what a joke,Media run exhibitionism. My wife did not believe me ,when we discussed this case months ago that he would get off lightly.surprise surprise .

should have been on Tatts bet .Might as well, they are betting on just about anything these days. Prick of an animal.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
We only get the media story....and having lived in some very violent societies I see another perspective. I think it is possible Pistorius was unaware who was in the bathroom and 'shoot first, ask questions later' is an obvious choice ....but he is at least guilty of manslaughter and should get a more relevant sentence. He took an innocent life, for whatever reason, he needs to be behind bars for a few years, not months

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
i got life for shooting up my wife in the bathroom (she got preggers )

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet his wrist is not even red after that 'slap on it'!

10 MONTHS for shooting DEAD his girlfriend!!..., the only surprise though is that he got any time at all!
Disgraceful!!....., you'd get more for a motoring offence.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Let’s just say we believe Oscar story of events and there was a burglar in his bathroom..
This isnt a kangaroo court. What we believe has nothing to do with it. It requires evidence to show that he was guilty, the evidence wasnt strong enough to support that, hence the lesser charge.

Its the way our legal systems commonly work and for good reason, biases could end up putting a lot of innocent people behind bars.

In this case he benefited from it, but he didn't "get off."

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Ryan

Everyone's entitled to an opinion about what they're been told.. Just because someone isn't involved in a court case, doesn't mean they can't follow the proceedings from the outside and come up with their own conclusions.

I followed most of the court proceeding on the BBC live video link and the main highlights on the news. I thought Oscar wasn't being truthful with all the facts.

At the end of the day, only two people know what really happened and one of those we'll never be able to hear their side of the story..

I still feel the prosecution went about putting over its case badly..

His career is over with regards to his sport and sponsorship.. He's probably used up most of his finances in his defense, so when he comes out of prison all he has left is what he can make out of being " Oscar Pistorius"...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I don't buy his story but if they couldn't prove otherwise what can you do, could have been worse he could have been found not guilty and while he could be out in 10 months there no guarantee he will and he will have to impose house arrest on himself the rest of the 5 years because of it's too be believed his temper will get him into trouble especially if someone in the street calls him a murderer and he shoots them too, then he'll be back inside again won't he? ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
Their case was full of holes from the beginning.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts