MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you think you are all done, then someone calls with a rare part that they are no longer in need of:mouthwate

These showed up today. Now I will need to take a road trip to see Ed. Hope he will help me install them:stickpoke

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,432 Posts
Now would you just look at the profile on that cam!

VERY cool Andrew!

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should give me more mid-range and a slightly higher topend

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Oh boy!! Should be fun!

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a couple more one off parts in the works. Should have one in the next couple of weeks and the other I hope before deals gap.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Very nice Andrew, I though your motor would of had some of those in it already ?
Are you planning on getting the Microtec tuned after installation, they messed my power curve up terribly till I got the bike re-mapped.
Still some work left but since I won't be racing and just coaching it's not too big a priority at the moment.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will need to find someone state side that can tune the microtec. Maybe Chuck knows someone.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Will need to find someone state side that can tune the microtec. Maybe Chuck knows someone.
Yup, basically anyone can do it if you take laptop with the software with you, how well thy can do is a different story though :)
Mine still need work, I let a friend of mine ride my bike the week before I went in for the shoulder reconstruction (he races a CBR 1000 SP), and he said my bikes like a 2-stroke. Decend mid-range but crazy when the powerband kicks in at about 91/2 - 10k rpm.

When I 1st saw the engraving on the Cam I thought right away that this look familiar, just like the engraving on my gearbox parts.
But my cams came from Germany, or where at least cut in Germany. Wish I had another set.

·
Super Moderator
21,432 Posts
I think Rob, of Rob's Dyno, was in conversation with Chris at X-Bikes...you might send him a message and ask.

That would certainly require a trip to the dyno though.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Thanks for the redirect. Definitely an interesting part to pick up. Hope you can get it running smoothly with them and they don't make the Mona Lisa too uptight for the street :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts