MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...is all I can say. I went out riding tonight and I was getting super comfy riding. So I turn right at a stop sign and give it a little gas...all of the sudden bang!!!! The power band hit and here I am sliding sideways....OH SHIT !!!!! I SAY!!!! Wouldnt you know it though...the MV catches and wiggles a bit and off i go!!! I thought for sure I was going to be needing new plastics. Instead all I needed was a new pair of boxers!!! :eek: I love this bike!!!! :king:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Oh man. That scared me. When you said "it was sliding sideways" i was thinking oh god don't tell me another MV lowsiding :bawling: :eek:

Luckily I read on and i'm glad it caught! Thank god!!!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I have experiened that also on my R6, but several times @ the 2 day camp of the CSS with their "slidebike"... I learned that when the rear steps out a little, the key is not to panic and chop off the throttle, just smoothly roll it off a bit...

it was certainly not a mellow and relaxing experience when it happened, but gradually it got a little easier to deal with, the real hard part for me was to "trying" to make the rear slide, because for years every cell of my body has been condition to not abuse the throttle coming out of a turn...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome to my world. :eek:nthecan:

It's a common occurence; torque is both fun and scary.

Many of the fine riders on this site just use it to :later: .

Scidaddle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts