MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nothing too fancy here, just figuring out my camera. Taken on Ortega Highway this morning, 'cause it was WAY too friggen' cold to ride.

I finally bought a new camera because I love to take pictures, especially of motorcycles, but my ancient point-and-shoot just couldn't possibly do anything with anything moving, or at a distance...And just forget about things moving AND at a distance!!!

These were all taken at distance, with a 75-300mm lens. There was nobody out, so I didn't spend much time picking a good spot with the right light, I just found an alcove, pulled off into the shrubbery, and fired away at what I could. The last picture is from the motocross track in Lake Elsinore, I was going to shoot a bit there too, but it was too cold and windy for my spoiled So Cal butt, so I came home.

Maybe I can get some better subjects/angles/lighting tomorrow, it just depends on if this dang freezing weather continues...It was actually SNOWING at my house Friday morning...SNOWING! I live in Corona, which is like the surface of the sun usually! Global warming, I guess. I bet Al Gore is laughing his arse off somewhere!

Enjoy,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Excellent shots - I think you should resize before you post so they don't take so long for us to load... while they were loading I had very exquisite close up shots of the gravel/stones etc on the road surface as I anxiously waited for the complete picture to appear.

Thanks for posting anyway, I enjoyed the viewing!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Gaz...We here in the US enjoy high-speed connections, this thread takes about 1 second to load... :stickpoke

BEWARE! I like hi-res!!!

:naughty:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...Thanks Pier...I will at the AMA rounds with Luca and Matt, and at the next track-day! THAT is definately one of the reasons I got the new camera...Now, if I can just catch an MV in action!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts