MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas'

I just recieved my f4 750 and shall i say WOW... such a beautiful bike and rides so smooth.... Handling is so nice too..... But a few things about the bike that I didn't like.... and it came as a surprise to me because I dont see to many Agusta's around here so just never experienced it... but the sound is very weak I shall say.... Coming from a Ducati, I was very surprised that it sounded like a jap bike.... I was expecting something more muscular.... and secondly the seat is just soo skimpy...no padding at all... but in any case I love her... She's amazingly beautiful and definately a head turner.... I brought her into a jap dealership to get an inspection sticker and she drew a little crowd.... put a smile on my face....

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
ckat238 said:
Hey fellas'

I just recieved my f4 750 and shall i say WOW... such a beautiful bike and rides so smooth.... Handling is so nice too..... But a few things about the bike that I didn't like.... and it came as a surprise to me because I dont see to many Agusta's around here so just never experienced it... but the sound is very weak I shall say.... Coming from a Ducati, I was very surprised that it sounded like a jap bike.... I was expecting something more muscular.... and secondly the seat is just soo skimpy...no padding at all... but in any case I love her... She's amazingly beautiful and definately a head turner.... I brought her into a jap dealership to get an inspection sticker and she drew a little crowd.... put a smile on my face....

COMPLIMENTS!!!!
I?M HAPPY WEN GUYS BUY MV!!!!!!
NOW YOU HAVE..................MOTORCYCLE ART!!!!!
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It's an inline 4 with a choked pipe. It's never going to sound like a twin. The engine layout is the same as a Japanese bike so it's going to sound Japanese. Although to my ear, different fueling systems make for different sounds.

Sort of like if you know what Weber carbs sound like, you know who has them and who doesn't.

The seat sucks. There isn't much hope for it.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
God, I loved the sound of Webber carbs. I had a double pumpper Holly 750 on my LS7 and lusted after webbers.

Does you midpipe have a Cat? If so, replace the midpipe. Replace the exhaust with the Corse exhaust and it will sound better than your Ducati.

CAG

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
CAG said:
God, I loved the sound of Webber carbs. I had a double pumpper Holly 750 on my LS7 and lusted after webbers.

Does you midpipe have a Cat? If so, replace the midpipe. Replace the exhaust with the Corse exhaust and it will sound better than your Ducati.

CAG
My dad and I ran a VW sand rail for a while. We used a Zenith carb off of a Porshce, but the Webers that a lot of guys used were unmistakeable. And you can hear some of that same sound in Ferraris and american V8s. Neat isn't it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
ckat238 said:
Hey fellas'

Congrats!!

As some other guys mentioned - get used to the head-turning effect:)

There are lots of opportunities for you to tune the sound to where you want it. For my 910 Brutale, this it what i did: swapped the cat for a bypass mid pipe, and got a BMC open race filter. It now sounds really deep and hard. No one mistakes it for a Jap:)

For the f4 you could do a lot! For instance I teste rode a f4 1000 with sil moto silencers/cat bypass/filter, and man, it scared other wehicles of the road!

/Thomas

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
CAG said:
Replace the exhaust with the Corse exhaust and it will sound better than your Ducati.

CAG
+1

Or if you don't have the cash, get your stock exhaust cored. When I ride a modern Duc...with termis...it's quite compared to my F4.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Congrads. I think it comes down to the v-twin vs. inline four sound debate again. But think if it this way, the MV's engine has volume control where a Ducati w/ aftermarket exhaust is loud all the time. At their best, a twin will sound like a V8 while the MV will sound like a F1 race car.

As for the seat, it's thin and hard so you can feel what's going on with the bike. The MV is really good at giving feedback.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
CAG said:

CAG
The 750's don't have cats. Live with the bike for a while and then get some aftermarket pipes when your wallet has recovered from the shock of buying the bike:jsm: There are plenty of threads here on after market pipes for the F4, RG3's, Sil-Moto, Zard, MV Corse Ti, Emoto Ti or you can even get your standard pipes modded. As for the seat, yes it sucks but as others have said, try gel or even alcantara might be more comfy for your rear. :drummer:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
john said:
The 750's don't have cats. Live with the bike for a while and then get some aftermarket pipes when your wallet has recovered from the shock of buying the bike:jsm: There are plenty of threads here on after market pipes for the F4, RG3's, Sil-Moto, Zard, MV Corse Ti, Emoto Ti or you can even get your standard pipes modded. As for the seat, yes it sucks but as others have said, try gel or even alcantara might be more comfy for your rear. :drummer:
I wasn't sure about that which is why I phrased it the way I did. My Brutale is an 05, 750 and had a cat. Or at least it had a big goiter looking thing in the midpipe. Do you know why the Brutales came with the cat and th F4s without?

I think I read on an Australian site that the lump wasn't a cat, it was extra tubing in the exhaust; supposed to help the midrange.

CAG

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I don't know why the 750 F4 doesn't have a Cat. I should have said UK spec F4 750's don't have Cats cos I can't speak with any authority about those in other parts of the globe, but I recall a thread here somewhere when this was discussed before and I can't remember anyone saying they had a 750 F4 with a Cat. Perhaps someone will prove me wrong. :shitfan: Sorry CAG I wasn't trying to be a clever arse!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Many congrats on the new ride! Again, get used to the crowds. Riding an MV is an event. I was at the Honda Hoot with it yesterday and they were all over it, taking pics and asking questions.

Seat sucks, period.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Congrads. I think it comes down to the v-twin vs. inline four sound debate again. But think if it this way, the MV's engine has volume control where a Ducati w/ aftermarket exhaust is loud all the time. At their best, a twin will sound like a V8 while the MV will sound like a F1 race car.

As for the seat, it's thin and hard so you can feel what's going on with the bike. The MV is really good at giving feedback.
Allan Gibbs really explains it very well!!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
CAG said:
Replace the exhaust with the Corse exhaust and it will sound better than your Ducati.

CAG

IMHO it's not possible even with moto corse but that's probably the best choice for MV's. Ducati with termi's is a different orchestra :stickpoke

Congrats on 750 :f4:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts