MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved this to its own thread :)

ok I just got done painting my R1, what do ya guys think? :guitarist

Now Iam waiting for UPS to deliver my Marchesini Mags and my Ohlins R/T, then more pics hehe :rock
Stupid 4-6week waiting period is killing me!!! :cry:

Now that I kinda got the hang of painting, my next project is to paint my Carbon Fiber Nose on my MV with a nice design masked out so you can see the CF in between the Red paint.. I got the MV stickers so I can clear coat afterwards ..ooohhh I cant wait!!! :lickout:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Damn, good job. If I would've done that I'd still be trying to mix the paint.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's some good looking paint! How many times did you have to practice to get that right? What are those colors, one looks silver and the other looks like a blue/silver mix? Either way, great job!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is that "Duct Tape" Silver? It's my favorite color! :naughty:
But then, my track bike is not that nice! Excellent work!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys :)

Iam happy with how it turned out for my 1st time painting ever hehe! I made a ventilated painting room in my garage over the weekend and went at it with my HVLP gun :) .. the paint is from color-rite.com its the factory two tone silver/bluish silver from yamaha.

Oh yeah track season is here, the weather is beautiful, and this weekend we have a track day coming up at california speedway. Next month is another WSMC race at willow springs. But wait till you see nevermores setup his will look better then mine,but just not as fast :moon:

UPS has other goodies to deliver nevermore I cant let you get too far ahead in the mods dept :spank:

·
Registered
339 Posts
thecraw-r1f4 said:
Oh yeah track season is here, the weather is beautiful, and this weekend we have a track day coming up at california speedway. Next month is another WSMC race at willow springs. But wait till you see nevermores setup his will look better then mine,but just not as fast :moon:

UPS has other goodies to deliver nevermore I cant let you get too far ahead in the mods dept :spank:
:flickoff: Well, I was trying to decide how much I could get done to my bike before going to CA Speedway on Saturday, but I guess I'll just have to save a few surprises for WSMC next month. :loser: Wow, titanium sure is expensive! You might be faster, but I'll look faster :smoking: I can't wait . . . this is so much fun :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
good job. so have you been criticized for making a change to the original R1 paint scheme or is that reserved for MV purists?? :cussing:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
style_one said:
good job. so have you been criticized for making a change to the original R1 paint scheme or is that reserved for MV purists?? :cussing:

Well the paint is original factory colors just switched around a bit, this was my R1 before I put the Race skins on.. :guitarist

Still have all my original plastics etc.. In case I EVER decide to go back to street clothes and make the MV the race bitch :later:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts