MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I debated long and hard and did a lot of research on the different slip-ons for our Brutales. I weighed looks, price, performance, build quality, and of course price. I wanted to keep the theme of three pipes on the bike so that ruled out a lot of the single can slip ons. The options were: Ferracci/Silmoto, QD, FM-Projects, and Zero Sports.

In the end I chose the Silmoto exhaust made for Ferracci. IMHO I think it compliments the lines of the Brutale best. I always thought the tail/rear section looked a little lacking in scale compared to the front half. If I had an F3/Dragster/Rivale model, I might have went with one of the shorter slip ons.

I liked what I saw quality wise and when I heard it on the F3 at Ferracci, I was sold on the sound alone! Another huge bonus is that it was readily available, I'm able to support my local dealer, and it was the most affordable by far. The other slip on options would have cost me roughly $1400-1850 after shipping, exchange rates, and VAT.

Anyway, here are pictures of them on my bike and a small sound clip. Hopefully this thread will help others on the fence with their decision. Oh, and if anyone was wondering where to get these, here is a link

Sound clip: http://youtu.be/iNTw-oLO4DY

Hung

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Congrats.

I just came back from test riding a couple of bikes at Ferracci's demo day. I have been ridden behind and on that F3 and the sound this exhaust releases is completely intoxicating. Both on and off the bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love the original exhaust but that one looked mighty fine to

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats.

I just came back from test riding a couple of bikes at Ferracci's demo day. I have been ridden behind and on that F3 and the sound this exhaust releases is completely intoxicating. Both on and off the bike.
Yes, I agree. It adds so much to the riding experience IMO (I always ride with ear plugs). The factory exhaust note is completely lacking, though the engine induction noises absolutely screams. I loved it but you didn't get to hear it until full throttle above 7k rpms.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I saw and heard that exhaust today at Ferracci on their demo F3. Didn't seem like there was much space if you wanted to put a 190 tire on there. What do you think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
180/60

Try a 180/60. I have a set of Metzler Racetecs and put a 60 profile on the back.
Much better. Sits the bike up a bit and and the tyres steady the front.
The Racetecs 60 profile is hard to pick it from a 190 tyre .

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bruteville, you have a PM
I would like to know if any tuning was needed for the Ferracchi slip on.
Remap or power commander?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Brutaleville
sorry I blew it on your user name

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey JS,

I didn't receive any PMs from you. Ferracci said there is no retune required for just the slip on as it still retains the factory cat. The bike seems to run just fine too but I'm sure a retune might benefit somewhat. The full system would definitely require it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey JS,

I didn't receive any PMs from you. Ferracci said there is no retune required for just the slip on as it still retains the factory cat. The bike seems to run just fine too but I'm sure a retune might benefit somewhat. The full system would definitely require it.
You mean this slip on does not have a mid pipe, I looked at it on the site & it shows one, looks like the cat goes away

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ok sorry now I got it.
I spoke with Ferracci today, they are out of slip-on's, but have the full system in stock ( another $1,000). Could be a couple months to get the other ones in.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for putting this info out there, Brutalleville. I've narrowed down my options to the Ferracci and the FM Project. I prefer the look of the FM Project, but the I love the low, throaty rumbling sound on the Ferracci whereas the FM Project seems like more of a screamer. How loud is the Ferracci? I've read some guys thought the FM Project was too loud and got rid of it. Also, any issues with wheel removal? Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts