MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't had a chance to test it by the seat of my pants, but as I thought it was running just a tad rich! The guy who did it said it was the worst he'd ever seen. I'm hoping it'll make a big difference to the stalling and the fuel economy, as well as the rideability.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Wow, what a difference the map made to the A/F curve.
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got back from a small(ish) blat - and for just about the entire ride all I could think was: "So, this is how it's supposed to feel!" The difference is quite incredible. Much smoother and easier to ride, and much better throttle response. It wouldn't be overstating things to say that it almost feels like a new bike.

If any of you haven't had your PC-III custom mapped, just do it! :)
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No hint of the stalling problem I'm glad to say. The temp when moving is definitely higher, and it increases at a much higher rate when at a standstill than it used to. Given some of the engine temps at standstill, I would have expected it to stall, which it didn't - so it's all looking good so far!
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Sventekoz said:
I haven't had a chance to test it by the seat of my pants, but as I thought it was running just a tad rich! The guy who did it said it was the worst he'd ever seen. I'm hoping it'll make a big difference to the stalling and the fuel economy, as well as the rideability.


excellent on the mapping
as for the "worst he'd ever seen"
i bet that MINE was JUST AS BAD

that chip MV sent with the racing exhaust.....
must have been stamped with a map..... from a 3RD GRADE SCIENCE CLASS PROJECT

so FAR OFF from "reality" as to render it RIDICULOUS
but....
somehow, that smell of raw gas in your face..... at 120 mph was quite INVIGORATING :)



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spalding12 said:
but....
somehow, that smell of raw gas in your face..... at 120 mph was quite INVIGORATING :)
We REALLY need to talk!! :)
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spalding12 said:
excellent on the mapping
as for the "worst he'd ever seen"
i bet that MINE was JUST AS BAD

that chip MV sent with the racing exhaust.....
must have been stamped with a map..... from a 3RD GRADE SCIENCE CLASS PROJECT

so FAR OFF from "reality" as to render it RIDICULOUS
but....
somehow, that smell of raw gas in your face..... at 120 mph was quite INVIGORATING :)
I must admit, I do wonder about what MV is doing sometimes. For a company that makes such glorious bikes, there are some things that are very hard to understand.

Have you looked at your map figures Greg (see my other thread for mine)?
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had no hint of stalling since it was done, and I've done quite a bit of stop-start running that would normally have led to quite a few stalls. I'm also going to have the plugs replaced with Iridium ones at the next service (too fiddly to do it myself), just to make sure. Maybe you should try the Iridium plugs if yours isn't running too rich.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Sventekoz said:
I've had no hint of stalling since it was done, and I've done quite a bit of stop-start running that would normally have led to quite a few stalls. I'm also going to have the plugs replaced with Iridium ones at the next service (too fiddly to do it myself), just to make sure. Maybe you should try the Iridium plugs if yours isn't running too rich.
Yeah I might do that, what difference do they make??
 

·
King of the Sink
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aussie MV said:
Yeah I might do that, what difference do they make??
I'm not sure technically, although JamesC's wonderful FAQ might have some more info on it. I 'think' it leans out the mixture a bit, so perhaps I'd better steer clear of them!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top