MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a few months back now, though i'd say hi love it when its not trying to kill me.....
Just put it through the first service and had it adjusted slightly as it was cutting out on down shifts. Love its looks, getting use to the tank range but need to change the mirrors as filtering in London traffic is a bitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just booked mine in for its 600 mile service. The mirrors are too wide for urban filtering but are more useable that the mirrors on my Aprilia RSV.
Looking at your number plate I'm assuming that you also bought your bike from Ed Cosker at Bromyard?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Overall I love it, its a little impractical over long distances....ok very impractical but if you are looking to do big miles this isn't the bike for that. Its fuel tank is only 13L, I have managed 85 miles on a tank and that was a close call as I nearly ran out, the reserve is only around 10 - 15 miles and with no fuel gauge its tricky to plan fuel stops in area you don't know. Riding position is very upright so on a long high speed run the wind gets annoying, gusts can really affect you as you are acting like a sail!

I had an issue with the bike dying when changing down on occasion but this should have bit sorted with a little adjustment in its last service.

I am 6ft & 14 stone and have no issues with both feet being flat to the floor, factory suspension settings were a little firm for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting you had stalls as well. MV never synced the throttles right from the factory so most of them are like that. I did my own work but it was a lot of work. I hope your mechanics know what they are doing. If they don't, it will be way worse. There's no way to raise the idol since that is computer controlled. Also as long as your bike is in for service, have them check to make sure the latest ignition map is downloaded to it.

Happy Riding!
Robb

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems a lot better now, it had the latest map already loaded but whatever adjustments were made seems to have done the trick.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I had an issue with the bike dying when changing down on occasion but this should have bit sorted with a little adjustment in its last service.
Seems a lot better now, it had the latest map already loaded but whatever adjustments were made seems to have done the trick.
Did the trick for around 150 miles now it is back and worse than before.....
If you search for 'stalling' you'll find many of us who got "the latest" map update, only to discover that the stalling issue wasn't resolved by it. A throttle body sync is the remedy to the stalling issue. It seems that most dealers just want to tell you that new maps will solve anything, and are reticent to do the throttle body sync as it requires more effort, and is such "old school" tech. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
445 Posts
My new motor sorted the stalling. Still loev my Rivale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts